FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 717 of 920 FirstFirst ... 217 617 667 707 715 716 717 718 719 727 767 817 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

65 and sunny after 2 weeks of cold and rain. I pulled the cover off and drove today. When I got home I decided to finally permantly mount my extinguisher. I wanted it accessible and decided that 2 small holes will not affect the overall value of my car. 20180218_132202.jpg

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Nice. I been deciding where I want to put one, when I get to where the car is drivable. Value of surviving a fire is far more important than the value of the car...which, lets face it, if you have to use the extinguisher, the car prolly aint gonna be worth much after that.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    65 and sunny after 2 weeks of cold and rain. I pulled the cover off and drove today. When I got home I decided to finally permantly mount my extinguisher. I wanted it accessible and decided that 2 small holes will not affect the overall value of my car. 20180218_132202.jpg
    At least you didn't cut out your rear bumper like that asshat did! Looks good Michael and that what i want to do!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    At least you didn't cut out your rear bumper like that asshat did! Looks good Michael and that what i want to do!

Lol, I might be daring but I'm not crazy enough to take a dremel to my bumper!

This paricular extinguisher I found at Wal-Mart. It's a bit smaller than the typical car/marine unit so less time, but easier to find a place for. Kind of like concealed carry, you make a compromise between ease of carry at the expense of firepower and capacity.

Yeah I was definitely a little crazy coming up with that plan but at least it turned out pretty good and that definitely is a nice little fire extinguisher you got and I have one just like that but a little taller that's in my garage hanging on the wall and I like where you mounted that at right behind the driver seat screwed into the rear wood panel on the parcel shelf and I think that's a good place and that is a good idea to screw it in there!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Mine is mounted on the wheel well arch so I think I drilled into the underbody and not a wood panel. It was a tricky place to mount since it's a convex surface but it's solid and doesn't move and it's out of the way of the limited storage space.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Mine is mounted on the wheel well arch so I think I drilled into the underbody and not a wood panel. It was a tricky place to mount since it's a convex surface but it's solid and doesn't move and it's out of the way of the limited storage space.
    Yeah I think that Arch is part of the underbody assembly but as long as it's nice and secure you shouldn't have nothing to worry about

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Good Job!
    The best part to me is the unmentioned accessibility. Most I've see are in the boot -- Not ideal when you need it.

My VIN:    04629

Winter Jobs completed!

The weather today is fantastic.........no heating the garage, just open the doors!

All kidding aside I've accomplished quite a few of 'those projects' during the winter months. Three jugs of propane for the garage heater so far this winter.

20180220_130852.jpg20180220_133325.jpg20180220_133341.jpg20180220_133356.jpg

Getting ready to remove "eyebrows", testing the relay for the LMS, also testing my Sub-Woofer generator & Amp, powering a 8" JBL Sub Woofer. (everything tested out fine)

Next projects installing 'Angel Eyes' headlights w/luminescence, replacing the original fuse box with new one, replace interior...........go driving and enjoy my new sounds!

Bring on the nice weather

I have halos and look really awsome on these cars. I did alot of upgrades and 2 propane tanks this winter! Keep up the good work! I got led and EL mixed up. Also lighted door latches! Really love what you did also sir!

Page 717 of 920 FirstFirst ... 217 617 667 707 715 716 717 718 719 727 767 817 ... LastLast