FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 718 of 920 FirstFirst ... 218 618 668 708 716 717 718 719 720 728 768 818 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    04629

Thanks Christan, Your car was inspiration for me to choose those headlights, since the original lighting is awful. I also installed LED to all the lighting (except the dash), so much brighter!

For the past 25 years I had a Boom Box sitting in the storage area and decided this winter to utilize the drivers' storage space for the woofer installation. It really sounds better than I expected.

The 'eyebrow fix' was one of those projects (headlights out, modifying harness for luminescence) that screamed "while you're in there"............. so now my Fascia is nice and flat.
    Because of that statement"wyit" (seats were out) I replaced my dash speakers, the foam on them was completely gone. It's one of those "worst jobs" to do to our cars, I found out I can't bend around like I used too!

Maybe next winter I'll improve my interior lighting like you have and replace the Speedo Dash lighting w/LED.(gotten real familiar with getting various interior parts out and back in)

One of the biggest issues that originally caused me to take out my interior, my Temperature Control knob cable was rusted in place! I fished it out to the passenger footwell and repeatedly flooded the cable with penetrating oil over several days............it now works! The lower cable sheath attachment point has it clamped too hard and it was causing a lot of friction inside.

My VIN:    Early

Finished installing the Tesla ibooster and master cylinder. Car now brakes like a new sports car.

Also tested my new Borgeson steering shaft with vibration reducing u joint. With the upgraded shaft and delrin column bushing installed, I no longer have a shaking steering wheel.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Finished installing the Tesla ibooster and master cylinder. Car now brakes like a new sports car.

Also tested my new Borgeson steering shaft with vibration reducing u joint. With the upgraded shaft and delrin column bushing installed, I no longer have a shaking steering wheel.
    I found your video on youtube by (dmc831). I noticed your instrument cluster is really nice and bright and not Oem. Did you post a thread about it that I missed seeing.

Got an photos of the Ibooster installation. I assume the vacuum booster was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 02-25-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I found your video on youtube by (dmc831). I noticed your instrument cluster is really nice and bright and not Oem. Did you post a thread about it that I missed seeing.

Got an photos of the Ibooster installation. I assume the vacuum booster was removed.

Here's the thread about the cluster: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...tronic-Cluster

And yes the old vacuum booster has been replaced with the electro mechanical ibooster.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Finally found the culprit to my steering vibration!

After testing both my original and my 17" rim, I found that the hub seems to be not true.

The drag you hear could be a warped rotor though. Do you have any change in vibration with application of brakes.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

The drag you hear could be a warped rotor though. Do you have any change in vibration with application of brakes.

For this test I removed the caliper completely, and my brakes have felt fine. So the brakes aren't the problem.

The noise is the tire dragging on the floor. That's why I have the jack there to adjust the height.

Interesting. Do you think its a warped hub flange or off center machining to the spindle?

DENNIS

Interesting. Do you think its a warped hub flange or off center machining to the spindle?

It's probably the center since I can hear the rotor slightly rub the pad in one spot while going down the road.

John Hervey's loud drilled rotors make that diagnosis a bit easier...

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    For this test I removed the caliper completely, and my brakes have felt fine. So the brakes aren't the problem.

The noise is the tire dragging on the floor. That's why I have the jack there to adjust the height.
    It could be just a defective tire. You can try swapping the front wheels and see if the problem follows the tire.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 718 of 920 FirstFirst ... 218 618 668 708 716 717 718 719 720 728 768 818 ... LastLast