FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 724 of 920 FirstFirst ... 224 624 674 714 722 723 724 725 726 734 774 824 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    I've tried some Prestone silicone spray, but its not the stuff Toby recommends (he claims LPS brand works better). I'll play with it some more tomorrow to see if I can get it to work better.
    You could just replace the seals with the small bead profile ones from DeloreanGo. I did that last spring, no more seal dragging, finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    You could just replace the seals with the small bead profile ones from DeloreanGo. I did that last spring, no more seal dragging, finally.

I agree with this. I saw the DeLoreanGo seals in action on another DCF member's car and they worked good.

Also, I struggled with sticking inner door seals even with with new DMC circa 2015? seals. I tried a few silicone products without lasting success and thought it was an issue with my doors. I ended up replacing them with their new redesigned versions (redesigned in 2016), and man what a difference. No more sticking/dragging seals.

Here's an explanation on the revision:
    http://store.delorean.com/p-9440-inner-door-seal.aspx

So you have options on this issue. Isn't it a great time to own a DeLorean!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I agree with this. I saw the DeLoreanGo seals in action on another DCF member's car and they worked good.

Also, I struggled with sticking inner door seals even with with new DMC circa 2015? seals. I tried a few silicone products without lasting success and thought it was an issue with my doors. I ended up replacing them with their new redesigned versions (redesigned in 2016), and man what a difference. No more sticking/dragging seals.

Here's an explanation on the revision:
    http://store.delorean.com/p-9440-inner-door-seal.aspx

So you have options on this issue. Isn't it a great time to own a DeLorean!
    Can someone point me to which inner door seal on DeloreanGo is recommended here? They have a "Europe" version, as well as a "British" version. Part #'s 110044 and 110044A respectively.

Thanks
    Steve

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Can someone point me to which inner door seal on DeloreanGo is recommended here? They have a "Europe" version, as well as a "British" version. Part #'s 110044 and 110044A respectively.

Thanks
    Steve
    +1, and thanks for the door seal change suggestions! I think I'll be doing this. I spent a couple hours playing with my seals - removing, reinstalling, bending, lubricating, fine tuning specific sections - in order to get it to work somewhat regularly. Of course the doors have 0 trouble opening with the seals off.

Between the DMCH and DeLoreanGo seals does anyone have thoughts on which has the least drag?
    David Proehl

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Between the DMCH and DeLoreanGo seals does anyone have thoughts on which has the least drag?
    David,

Last spring when I first heard about the DeloreanGo seal, I made a quick decision to buy them just before a car show in early June and the DMCMW open house 2 weeks later. While at the Open House event, I found out about the DMCH (Factory change) design and that they had just had it manufactured to the new shape profile. I asked if they had the new seal on hand (they did) and I could take a quick look at it. I wanted to see what the new profile looked like. Much to my surprise I didn’t see a significant difference from the previous version. That said, I did not have my Old recently removed seals with to compare. I’ll have to take Dana’s word that the new design fixed his seal drag issues, I assume he applied some silicone dressing too for good measure.

A year later and my trouble spots are free of any kind of drag issues. This is not too say that the seal doesn’t drag at all. It does in a couple spots (B-pillars) but very lightly. I could probably fix that by sanding the face of the underbody seal flange back about 1/16”.

Aft door trim just brushes seal on both doors.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

They look great, thanks for the photos and the review! So great to have options, this looks like a solid one!
    David Proehl

Yes, those look great.

As for the new DMC ones, I noticed that they had a shorter "wipe" than the older version and it was moved outward. Also, the drainage holes were moved to the outside. A nice touch was the company stamp in the rubber as shown.

It's important to seat the seal fully on the channel. A small rubber mallet helped with this. I did apply a silicone dressing after installation to the seal and where it contacts the door, as recommended. Then I closed the doors and let the car sit outside in the warm sun for a couple hours to let them mold in as much as possible.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Yes, those look great.

As for the new DMC ones, I noticed that they had a shorter "wipe" than the older version and it was moved outward. Also, the drainage holes were moved to the outside. A nice touch was the company stamp in the rubber as shown.

It's important to seat the seal fully on the channel. A small rubber mallet helped with this. I did apply a silicone dressing after installation to the seal and where it contacts the door, as recommended. Then I closed the doors and let the car sit outside in the warm sun for a couple hours to let them mold in as much as possible.
    Do you have any photos of them installed, specifically close ups near the roof? I'd be interested in seeing how much the bend outward away from the opening of the door.
    David Proehl

Do you have any photos of them installed, specifically close ups near the roof? I'd be interested in seeing how much the bend outward away from the opening of the door.
    Sure. Here you go...

Let me know if you need more specific shots.
    Dana

Thanks! Yes, that looks great. I just wanted to get a feeling for how much they might brush up against the door trim pieces. Looks like they are away like they need to be. My seals look like black rubber hose glued onto a plastic strip, nothing like this.
    David Proehl

Page 724 of 920 FirstFirst ... 224 624 674 714 722 723 724 725 726 734 774 824 ... LastLast