FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 730 of 920 FirstFirst ... 230 630 680 720 728 729 730 731 732 740 780 830 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    I finally got around to getting my lovely wheels refinished by José and the team at Rite-Way in Walnut Creek, CA.

Their work is absolutely outstanding so if you're in the Bay Area or Northern California, I couldn't recommend them more. Fantastic finish and workmanship.

Be sure to ask for a full wheel restoration using LP1 - a near-identical match to the original silver.
    They look great! I need to refinish my wheels as well. I have a couple leads on some local places that come recommended. Is LP1 a standard color code that any shop should be able to do or is that something specific to your shop?

Today I drained and replaced my coolant for the first time since I put in a new radiator a couple years ago. It is impossible to overstate how much faster and easier this job is when you have a peacock and don't have to pull a hose to drain the radiator!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Replaced some fasteners on the doors that were eating into the plastic with some fasteners that are less hungry:

old and new door fasteners.jpg
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I finally got around to getting my lovely wheels refinished by José and the team at Rite-Way in Walnut Creek, CA.

Their work is absolutely outstanding so if you're in the Bay Area or Northern California, I couldn't recommend them more. Fantastic finish and workmanship.

Be sure to ask for a full wheel restoration using LP1 - a near-identical match to the original silver.

Refinished and loaded into the day car…

And the end-result on the car…

Wow, those look great. Did you have any curb rash repaired or anything? I have the usual minor flaking/bubbling of the powder coat, but also one or two small sections on the outer rim where someone curbed the wheels.

Also (and you know how to find me offline if you'd rather share it that way, and you don't mind my asking) - what did the work run you? I've long been bouncing between fixing mine and just getting a new set.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    They look great! I need to refinish my wheels as well. I have a couple leads on some local places that come recommended. Is LP1 a standard color code that any shop should be able to do or is that something specific to your shop?
    Thanks David. That's a good question. I think it's maybe an internal shop code but I'll give them a call and try to figure out the exact powder color/brand. Stay tuned.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Wow, those look great. Did you have any curb rash repaired or anything? I have the usual minor flaking/bubbling of the powder coat, but also one or two small sections on the outer rim where someone curbed the wheels.

Also (and you know how to find me offline if you'd rather share it that way, and you don't mind my asking) - what did the work run you? I've long been bouncing between fixing mine and just getting a new set.
    Thanks Jon. I had some minor paint flakes too. Nothing too crazy, but stuff that just bugged me.

They can repair all rash and curbed chips as part of the restoration. They strip the wheel and then machine it to iron out the imperfections.

The price was $195 a wheel. Well worth it imho. The workmanship is fantastic.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    10270

The price was $195 a wheel. Well worth it imho. The workmanship is fantastic.
    Whoa, that must be a Bay Area price

There's a shop near me in Michigan that quotes $85 at the high end per wheel, minor repair included. They're the go-to for everyone in our local club and I've never heard of an unsatisfied customer.
    https://warhawkpowdercoating.com/
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Whoa, that must be a Bay Area price
    Haha. Possibly. I imagine it varies throughout the US. This price includes a full restore - stripping, machining, refinishing etc. It also includes balancing and tire removal. I could probably have found somewhere cheaper but I always go on recommendation and firmly believe you get what you pay for.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Pulled the T-Panel and found some interesting things.

Driver Side Evidence of Previous Repair.jpg
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    Early

Separated the cooling fan circuits today in preparation for two powerful 200w cooling fans from a VW.
    IMG_20180511_2015118.jpg
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Separated the cooling fan circuits today in preparation for two powerful 200w cooling fans from a VW.
    IMG_20180511_2015118.jpg
    Interesting relay set up. I do think if you install 200 watt fans the double relay is a good idea. Do you find your engine overheating with your present fans?

Did you move the hot start relay socket from the back to the front of your relay compartment?

What rear defog timer are you using? The stock unit is green.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 730 of 920 FirstFirst ... 230 630 680 720 728 729 730 731 732 740 780 830 ... LastLast