FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 732 of 920 FirstFirst ... 232 632 682 722 730 731 732 733 734 742 782 832 ... LastLast
Results 7,311 to 7,320 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    04629

Last winter project while car is still on jack stands............I removed the Auto-Trans diagnostic plug from the engine firewall and "fished it" down after clipping all the tie-straps holding the wiring harness to the A/C low pressure hose. This will give me extra length in removing the transmission governor from the side of the final drive. Now I can remove the transmission circuit board next to the car, looking down on my (work to be) , while un-soldering the old board and replace with one that has the failed parts replaced.
    Governor comes off tomorrow, then the un-soldering begins!

My VIN:    3281, 6344

Not a thing, but I did see it in the garage. Perhaps I will get a chance to light the mighty PRV this weekend.

(Haven’t visited in ages, but couldn’t resist adding to the most unwieldy thread of all time!)

Travis

My VIN:    2234

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Now I can remove the transmission circuit board next to the car, looking down on my (work to be) , while un-soldering the old board and replace with one that has the failed parts replaced.
    If you get a chance, take a couple of pics! I always like seeing shots of the original and repaired boards ever since I was in there on 2234.

-Kevin
    1 + 1 = 3 for exceptionally large values of 1.

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Not today but recently

1. I took the car to Orlando and had Tint put on. It was Ceramic and very light but really cuts out the heat. I can't believe how much cooler it is. Plus it's going to save the dash and binnacle.
    2. Left Orlando on the way to Embry Riddle for their New Students Weekend. They put the car in the middle of the campus to draw attention, but, I never made it. I slammed on the brakes and the bushings for the anti sway bar pulled out. Luckily DMC Florida is now in Orlando. Had the car towed there and replaced all the bushings in the front.
    3. Today I found a mechanic who had two cans of R-12. I had one can put in and bought the other can $50.00 total. He said he couldn't charge me for putting it in, he just wanted to work on the car.

Headed to Cars & Coffee tomorrow at Peter O. Knight airport in Tampa.
    Attached Images
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    Between VINs

I'm having ceramic installed on mine on June 2nd.

Did they do it completely custom or order from a kit? The tint place I use does a lot of high end exotics and can usually get a pre-cut kit for pretty rare stuff.

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

They cut it from sheets, custom.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    Between VINs

Very cool, thanks.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Continuing to work on those little details today by replacing my front shifter panel along with my LH grey dash end cap.

My front panel had a few minor shiny scuffs that always bugged me along with some horrible shiny adhesive that was visible at the edges of the shift boot. There were also a series of tiny holes drilled around the internal boot lip that were slightly visible at the main bottom screw holes. The new NOS panel from DMCH was a nice finishing touch here.

I also replaced my LH grey dash end cap with a used, but mint condition original end cap from Mike and Suzy at DMC Midwest. My original one had been clipped by shoes a few times over the past 37 years causing some minor chips and damage to the vinyl edge. It’s great to finally have this looking perfect with an original part.

DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    2942

Finally added some bigger throttle bodies to my EFI intake. Made some new fuel rails and add PTFE fuel lines.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    10201

I sheared off the dreaded bolt on the Y-pipe...

Page 732 of 920 FirstFirst ... 232 632 682 722 730 731 732 733 734 742 782 832 ... LastLast