FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 754 of 920 FirstFirst ... 254 654 704 744 752 753 754 755 756 764 804 854 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,540 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Today, I changed my coolant tank overflow hose from a clear vinyl to a black version. I used 5/16” ID vacuum hose which almost felt like a silicone blend:

As before, I bought a longer length (35", 3 feet was just enough), and secured the other end down low, out of sight, behind the rear wheel well. This will prevent a mess in the engine compartment should the coolant overflow:

The clear version initially looked good, but developed condensation and turned a bit yellow with heat and age:

Plus, the black version is a better match to the rest of the compartment.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 10-13-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

- Washed it!
    - Replaced the battery

Tomorrow I finish cleaning the interior again and go for a drive.

Removed spare tire. Cleaned trunk area. Removed door buzzer.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

One of the first...no the very first thing I got for my car almost 10 years ago was a led light set from DMCH. I of course lost my dimmer function. Today I finally got around to installing Dave's dimmer relay for LED lights. It's nice to have that "high class" touch back into my car.

On a side note, DMCH's LED bulb kit has been a superstar. Almost 10 years and still running strong!

The install would have been easy if I did it back in my 30's. Tonight it did a number on my back. I hate working in the relay compartment.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-15-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Planned out my post-engine swap 'to do' list for the car. Mostly some odds & ends to wrap up from turning it into a real car, and some cosmetic stuff.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    2234

I noticed the wheel starting to pull to one side when breaking not too long ago. Taking a look at the front calipers, I could tell one of the pistons one sticking. Also noticed the dust boots on the pistons were cracked and starting to tear. So this past weekend, I took the time to rebuild my front brake calipers. And boy did they need it...

I've flushed my brake fluid regularly since I became the owner of 2234, but that doesn't alleviate the <possible> lack of maintenance the brake system may received in prior ownership, and it certainly doesn't roll back the effects of time.

Rust and grime after piston removal:

IMG_3839.jpg

Pitted and rusted piston:

IMG_3841.jpg

Lots of elbow grease later, all cleaned up!

IMG_3845.jpg

New piston and seals!

IMG_3852.jpg

Repeat 3 more times, then reassemble and loaded with new pads/hardware!

IMG_3871.jpg

Better stopping power and more responsive now!

Also, I should probably take a closer look at those rear calipers now seeing what condition the front were in...

And maybe someday I'll spring for the sandblasting and plating services, but it wasn't in the budget at the moment.
    1 + 1 = 3 for exceptionally large values of 1.

My VIN:    3455

Quote Originally Posted by axh174 View Post
    I noticed the wheel starting to pull to one side when breaking not too long ago. Taking a look at the front calipers, I could tell one of the pistons one sticking. Also noticed the dust boots on the pistons were cracked and starting to tear. So this past weekend, I took the time to rebuild my front brake calipers. And boy did they need it...

I've flushed my brake fluid regularly since I became the owner of 2234, but that doesn't alleviate the <possible> lack of maintenance the brake system may received in prior ownership, and it certainly doesn't roll back the effects of time.

Better stopping power and more responsive now!

Also, I should probably take a closer look at those rear calipers now seeing what condition the front were in...

And maybe someday I'll spring for the sandblasting and plating services, but it wasn't in the budget at the moment.
    I just finished the same job on my rear calipers and starting the front tomorrow. Mine looked exactly the same as yours. I noticed last week that stopping didn't feel guaranteed anymore so I was initially planning to bleed the brakes and change the pads. I started with the right rear wheel and once I saw the condition of the pistons I decided to rebuild all of them. The brake fluid was black and for all I know the brakes have never been serviced.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Cool...wanna do mine? Ok, not sure they need it, but....hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I ran across some side lighted LED strips I had set back for a model project that I have since took in another direction. I decided to see what they would look like ala "Christian Dietrich" and I liked the look, especially lighting the door release lever locations. If I grow tired of the look, it will be as easy to remove as the were to install. When I took the pics I had my instrument LED's still on green and pretty bright but they are fully adjustabe for color and brightness. The whole interior looks pretty "bold" but in reality the lighting is quite subtle. Adding Dave's LED dimmer relay really started this idea to make the interior more luxurious and high end.

int1.jpgint2.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 10-21-2018 at 09:43 PM.

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I ran across some side lighted LED strips I had set back for a model project that I have since took in another direction. I decided to see what they would look like ala "Christian Dietrich" and I liked the look, especially lighting the door release lever locations. If I grow tired of the look, it will be as easy to remove as the were to install. When I took the pics I had my instrument LED's still on green and pretty bright but they are fully adjustabe for color and brightness. The whole interior looks pretty "bold" but in reality the lighting is quite subtle. Adding Dave's LED dimmer relay really started this idea to make the interior more luxurious and high end.

int1.jpgint2.jpg
    Nice!

I installed 5mm green leds to light my door handles in my daily truck a year ago. Seeing how a delorean looks with light, I may do this to 831 when I have the time. As a plus, it would also help people that don't know where the door handle is...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Page 754 of 920 FirstFirst ... 254 654 704 744 752 753 754 755 756 764 804 854 ... LastLast