FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 763 of 920 FirstFirst ... 263 663 713 753 761 762 763 764 765 773 813 863 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Drove it from Fort Lauderdale to Miami and back. Fun.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Drove it from Fort Lauderdale to Miami and back. Fun.
    I was in Ft L. a few weeks ago and it never occured to me to reach out to fellow D owners. It was a cool parallel to see so many Ferraris and Lamborghinis (I swear every time I heard one from a distance I thought it was a sportbike) but not one D.
    No wonder people go ape when they see one in the wild. I was in Fl. for 1 night and saw 4 Lamborghinis, 2 Ferraris, several Porsches, Teslas, Astons, etc. but not one DeLorean. It would have made my night to see one.

My VIN:    03572

Put my idle motor back in with new hoses. The new DPI hoses are pretty tight. I use a Volvo idle motor that has a barb on the pipes going to the hoses so I decided to sand that barb off the idle motor. Since I pretty often pull the idle motor I did not want to fight with that barb. The OEM idle motor has no barbs. I bought both front and back hoses but decided to just use some 3/4 inch heater hose for the front. There is a little bend in the OEM hose which I found my setup did not need that bend which the straight hose seems to fit better.

Have not decided if I will clamp the hoses yet. They really hold the idle motor fine without clamps (I don't bracket hold my idle motor).
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Pulled the binnacle and installed all LEDs with the help of Christians advice here on the forum. Myc ar is now 100% LED even the ac panel minus ofc the battery bulb lol. I think i found out the issue with my temp gauge not working. it can spin freely and do complete circles around the gauge with no resistance. The voltage gauge when carefully touching it does not. Therefore I guess I will be ordering a new gauge since the temp sender was replaced in 2015. I also pulled out the covers in the bonnet to get to the steering shaft to install my new one but it was too late to install. Few of the m5 bolts are stripped, so after removal ill have to buy a few more. Fun productive day!
    totally forgot to include pics.
    Attached Images
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Cool. Whatd you use for the dash?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6472

We had some rains here a couple weeks ago. And right after, I noticed I have some water under the carpet, mostly on the passenger side. The flat part of the carpet (directly in front of the seat) was wet, the bottom part of the side carpet (but not the top part under the door) was wet. The carpet on the center console side and the fiberglass were dry. Also, the floor mat was dry as well. So it seems like the water had pooled up under the carpet from somewhere, as opposed to leaking from above.

In a futile attempt to find the leak, I removed the carpet and seat, dried up the fiberglass, closed the door and used a garden hose to make some rain. I focused the hose around the door seals, around the windshield, around the trim piece on the rear quarter panel, and even the rear windshield. I did this a few times, for a few minutes, and it was still bone dry. I know it's not the evap drain as I've checked that in the past, and this only happened following a couple days of somewhat heavy rain (car was parked outside). Any ideas?
    Last edited by Gregadeth; 01-26-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    We had some rains here a couple weeks ago. And right after, I noticed I have some water under the carpet, mostly on the passenger side. The flat part of the carpet (directly in front of the seat) was wet, the bottom part of the side carpet (but not the top part under the door) was wet. The carpet on the center console side and the fiberglass were dry. Also, the floor mat was dry as well. So it seems like the water had pooled up under the carpet from somewhere, as opposed to leaking from above.

In a futile attempt to find the leak, I removed the carpet and seat, dried up the fiberglass, closed the door and used a garden hose to make some rain. I focused the hose around the door seals, around the windshield, around the trim piece on the rear quarter panel, and even the rear windshield. I did this a few times, for a few minutes, and it was still bone dry. I know it's not the evap drain as I've checked that in the past, and this only happened following a couple days of somewhat heavy rain (car was parked outside). Any ideas?
    Was it driven in the rain?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    We had some rains here a couple weeks ago. And right after, I noticed I have some water under the carpet, mostly on the passenger side.
    I had a similar problem. Every time the car was left outside in a hard rain, I found water underneath and behind the passenger seat and floor mats. Turned out my car has the early-style body holes underneath the side vents. Once I sealed those, the water intrusion problem went away.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Installed my own front suspension support bar.

Cleaned it up, took it for a spin and stopped in at a local Cars and Coffee.

Page 763 of 920 FirstFirst ... 263 663 713 753 761 762 763 764 765 773 813 863 ... LastLast