FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 779 of 920 FirstFirst ... 279 679 729 769 777 778 779 780 781 789 829 879 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,790 of 9194

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    The pick-up on Friday. Wonderful work by Canepa in Scotts Valley. Just a shame about the meteor-sized dent in my bank balance.

Are you willing to share what paint code and gloss you used? It looks great - maybe slightly lighter and flatter than the early OEM finish?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I think that’s the straightest rear facia I’ve ever seen. They almost always have a smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxbot View Post
    Are you willing to share what paint code and gloss you used? It looks great - maybe slightly lighter and flatter than the early OEM finish?
    I used a custom formulation matched to the paint on an NOS fascia so sadly I don't have a code to share but I can confirm that we tried the DMCH paint code (PPG 33584) and it was pretty close to what we paint matched so I think it's a good one to use.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I think that’s the straightest rear facia I’ve ever seen. They almost always have a smile.
    Thanks so much. It's an NOS rear fascia - refinished to match my front. You're seeing 0 days of any engine heat so everything is as good as it gets there. I'm pretty sure that in another 30-40 years it won't look quite so perfect, but it should hold up well with limited Sunday drives.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    2065

Looking Good

And that’s one sexy ass! Best rear light assembly of any car ever imho.

My newly refinished NOS rear fascia is on and it’s a glorious improvement over the original fascia which had some minor heat warping and an inaccurate paint finish.

Fixed a few original fitment issues by opening up some of the fiberglass fascia support-to-pontoon holes with a file. One side was drilled a little too low by the factory causing the original fascia to get pulled down on the passenger side. If you have any fitment or alignment issues I’d start there as the original holes don’t have much wiggle room for adjustment.

I also had to adjust the lower driver bracket to catch the driver corner fascia stud. This was a real pain in the ass as pulling it in too far to catch the bracket would cause the bumper to bend out at the mid section whilst keeping it flush at the top. I managed to bend the bracket to avoid the stud being pulled in too far. A real time suck.

Overall I’m really happy with the fitment as it’s tricky to know how a NOS fascia is going to respond to your original panel alignment. Phew!

The front fascia goes on tonight.

That looks fantastic, well done.

My VIN:    2065

Quote Originally Posted by Sirolf View Post
    Still fixing a coolant leak but i have a nasty habit cleaning and painting every part i take off. Even replaced 99% of all the M7 bolts.
    That is a great job. Do it once and do it right. you won't regret it.

My VIN:    3294

New radiator from DPI and cooling fans and shroud from DeloreanGo finally installed. I also had to install a new fan fail relay socket, as my original one melted back in December. New fused Fan Fail Relay from Dave (Bitsynchmaster) installed as well.
    I also added two micro LED's in the console shift plate that tell me when the cooling fans are actually running.

Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    I also added two micro LED's in the console shift plate that tell me when the cooling fans are actually running.
    Where did you find them and how do you like them? I'm used to Audis, which use them to provide a small bit of ambient lighting around the cabin and I thought about installing some.

Where did you find them and how do you like them?
    I found them on Amazon.com They are 5mm, and I ordered the plastic panel mount bushings to mount them in. I hot glued the LED's from the back side so they won't fall out. I haven't done much driving with them at night, so I can't tell you if they are distracting at night or not.

Here are the Amazon links.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    10201

Isnt hot glue going to melt in the sun?

Isn't hot glue going to melt in the sun?
    I actually used a glue product called E6000, but I didn't know if anyone else would know what that was, so I called it "hot glue".
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Page 779 of 920 FirstFirst ... 279 679 729 769 777 778 779 780 781 789 829 879 ... LastLast