FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 797 of 921 FirstFirst ... 297 697 747 787 795 796 797 798 799 807 847 897 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,970 of 9201

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

Not my car, exactly, but finally finished off these replica DSV and Proto-1 grille emblems:

The DSV is laser-cut, the DMC is 3D printed. Both are mounted to a flat base with rounded edges as per the Bill Collins car grilles, and both have a brushed-metal effect paint job.

Here's an image of the DSV logo on the epo-wood mockup.

I seem to recall seeing a photo of the epo-wood car with the "JZD" emblem on it, can anyone confirm that? If so, then I've still got 3 more to make to have the complete 'set".

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by matt clark View Post
    Not my car, exactly, but finally finished off these replica DSV and Proto-1 grille emblems:

The DSV is laser-cut, the DMC is 3D printed. Both are mounted to a flat base with rounded edges as per the Bill Collins car grilles, and both have a brushed-metal effect paint job.

Here's an image of the DSV logo on the epo-wood mockup.

I seem to recall seeing a photo of the epo-wood car with the "JZD" emblem on it, can anyone confirm that? If so, then I've still got 3 more to make to have the complete 'set".
    That is cool! It would even look good as a stand alone plaque for a desk.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I drove mine from my driveway into the garage.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by matt clark View Post
    ~snip~

Nice work! Yes, here is the picture:

It's a photo of JZD and Giorgetto Giugiaro with the first wooden mockup of what would become the DeLorean. When I first looked, I almost didn't notice the front grill badge with the "JZD" lettering.

Source: http://www.curbsideclassic.com/autom...s-coincidence/
    Last edited by DMC-81; 08-21-2019 at 08:03 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Nice work! Yes, here is the picture:
    Amazing, thank you! I knew I'd seen it but just couldn't place it. Back to the laser cutter...

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Cussed and swore at it...

I cannot seem to get my rear camber adjusted to anything close to looking OK let alone looking good. I adjust the shock height, drive it for a mile or so and swear at it. It looks OK when I let the car down but driving it settles things in and then it looks like $#!+. Then I noticed a coolant leak. More swearing. If it is not one thing, it is another. Today I jacked it up and went under to find the leak and everything is dry ... so I tightened anyway. That BMW I8 is looking better every day!

More info about the camber problem at this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...940#post249940
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Last weekend, took it up to Clint's for a fluid change. Oil, brakes, clutch and an AC recharge. That was fun! Didn't think of the coolant - maybe next time.

Noticed that my rear tires were scrubbed pretty hard on the inner edge. I guess I let them get way, way too low. Clint is going to build up some adjustable rear links so we can dial in the camber, and I've now got a brand new set of 235/60r15 Cooper Cobra GTs (with factory RWL!) waiting in the garage for when that's ready.

Today, I dropped my muffler heat shield and layered the edges with silver heat reflective tape. This was one of the older Houston shields that had the silver foil covered fiber material on it, and it had started to peel in some pretty ugly spots. Looks great with the tape on now.

I also installed the new DeLorean Go steering canopy, as mine had been broken ~20 years ago in a theft attempt. Wow, what a nice part! Not only does it look nicer than the stock one (slightly textured, matte finish plastic) but it eliminated almost all of the rattles in the car. I knew it was loose, but I had no idea it was so noisy. Yay!

My DeLorean Go box also included 4 new CV boot kits and a new pair of engine mounts, jobs for another day

Here are some pics.
    Attached Images
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    4519

I installed a new steering link: Borgeson anti-vibration joint with a double-D shaft. I just got back from a test drive, it's a nice improvement.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

While Rich was busy with trivial things like being able to steer your car, I took on more challenging roles such as refreshing my header cap.

20190825_101432.jpg

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Cussed and swore at it...

I cannot seem to get my rear camber adjusted to anything close to looking OK let alone looking good. I adjust the shock height, drive it for a mile or so and swear at it. It looks OK when I let the car down but driving it settles things in and then it looks like $#!+. Then I noticed a coolant leak. More swearing. If it is not one thing, it is another. Today I jacked it up and went under to find the leak and everything is dry ... so I tightened anyway. That BMW I8 is looking better every day!

More info about the camber problem at this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...940#post249940
    That’s want adjustable control links are for.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 797 of 921 FirstFirst ... 297 697 747 787 795 796 797 798 799 807 847 897 ... LastLast