FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 817 of 920 FirstFirst ... 317 717 767 807 815 816 817 818 819 827 867 917 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    No broken bolts on the wye pipe? Nice job. Looks kinda nasty down there. Is it leaking oil?
    Thanks! The Previous Owner did a great job with the restoration and swapped every bolt to new stainless steel hardware. With that said, no issues at all. The bad news is that black goo looking stuff is POR15 which I have been working on removing. It separated from the block and absorbed moisture, causing the most soaked areas of the POR15 to become wet and rubbery in texture.

I worked on it some more this past Sunday and this is the progress so far. Only have a little bit left to go.

2020-02-16 11.09.45.jpg2020-02-16 11.09.39.jpg2020-02-16 11.09.31.jpg

I just received my DeLoreanGo order about 20 minutes ago which contains new silicone hoses and replacement crush washers, gaskets, etc. Plan is to clean it up and start putting humpty dumpty back together this weekend though I lack a DPI radiator that I just ordered from Josh last night.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If I ever have to remove my intake I am going to run as much of that ugly wiring harness underneath it as I can. Really makes the engine compartment look nice.
    I definitely will at some point down the line - the placement has been quite obnoxious throughout this whole process.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628

My VIN:    5791

Received my freshly rebuilt fuel distributor and WUR from Fuel Injection Corp in California. Now just waiting on the injectors, cold start, and frequency valve and I will finally be ready to turn the key for the first time. Exciting to say the least.

fuel parts.jpg

My VIN:    Midproduction

It's so good to see there are more options out there for rebuilding our fuel system. Looks like a pro job!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-D View Post
    Received my freshly rebuilt fuel distributor and WUR from Fuel Injection Corp in California. Now just waiting on the injectors, cold start, and frequency valve and I will finally be ready to turn the key for the first time. Exciting to say the least.

fuel parts.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-D View Post

fuel parts.jpg
    Nice! I always read the WUR was not "rebuildable" but I have never subscribed to that mindset. If you can build it, someone can rebuild it.

Oscar Goldman taught me that.

My VIN:    5791

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    It's so good to see there are more options out there for rebuilding our fuel system. Looks like a pro job!
    Seems like a pro job! First start up will be the final test.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Nice! I always read the WUR was not "rebuildable" but I have never subscribed to that mindset. If you can build it, someone can rebuild it.

Oscar Goldman taught me that.
    Maybe rebuild is not the correct word for the WUR. They tested it and called me saying that it tested out of spec. The word she used was that it needed to be "recalibrated". Looks brand new, so I am happy with the work thus far.

Either way, the turn around time was less than a week from when they received the parts till I had them back in my hand.

My VIN:    4665

On a 50 degree sunny day in Southeastern Michigan...of course you wake your car out of its 3 month winter slumber with a nice long drive, give it a little fresh fuel, and then put her away until mid-April.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

did the same thing in MT...

Alas I start rebuilding her. Once my new DeLorean Rad comes in, I plan to install that this weekend and pressure test the system
    2020-02-23 18.00.29.jpg2020-02-23 18.00.45.jpg
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    Alas I start rebuilding her. Once my new DeLorean Rad comes in, I plan to install that this weekend and pressure test the system
    2020-02-23 18.00.29.jpg2020-02-23 18.00.45.jpg
    I used a hose to replace the old rusty pipe and that thing was a massive pain to put on. I got some generic coolant hoses from Napa but the neck off of the water pump is a larger diameter than the pipes.

Page 817 of 920 FirstFirst ... 317 717 767 807 815 816 817 818 819 827 867 917 ... LastLast