FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 822 of 920 FirstFirst ... 322 722 772 812 820 821 822 823 824 832 872 ... LastLast
Results 8,211 to 8,220 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Valley journey 2020 almost complete. Replaced my spark plugs, injectors, injector seals and clips. Also replaced some split electrical boots. Basically all the things I didn’t do last year - but should have. Also re-torqued the valley hoses and detailed all the bits you can’t even see. Fuel lines back on, torqued and solid. Hopefully won’t be back down there for a LONG time. And yes, that replacement clear/white cable tie under the ballast resistor bugs me when the rest are black (original). I know, I know. You know me.

Last edited by Col Bennett; 04-23-2020 at 02:16 AM.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Valley journey 2020 almost complete. Replaced my spark plugs, injectors, injector seals and clips. Also replaced some split electrical boots. Basically all the things I didn’t do last year - but should have. Also re-torqued the valley hoses and detailed all the bits you can’t even see. Fuel lines back on, torqued and solid. Hopefully won’t be back down there for a LONG time. And yes, that replacement clear/white cable tie under the ballast resistor bugs me when the rest are black (original). I know, I know. You know me.

How did you get all that so clean?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    How did you get all that so clean?!
    Haha. Thanks! Just obsessive attention to detail. I did all of the cleaning last April over two months and I keep on top of it. Interestingly, it’s all just scrubbed clean. There’s no paint, or powder coating on the engine what-so-ever. Very proud of that. The only thing that’s powder coated in there is the ballast resistor/light switch bracket at the back. I also refinished (yellow zinc) the bolts and brackets locally to bring back the original luster.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    Midproduction

^Mike at Midwest has a stash of those original zip ties.

Haha. Thanks! Just obsessive attention to detail. I did all of the cleaning last April over two months and I keep on top of it. Interestingly, it’s all just scrubbed clean. There’s no paint, or powder coating on the engine what-so-ever. Very proud of that. The only thing that’s powder coated in there is the ballast resistor/light switch bracket at the back. I also refinished (yellow zinc) the bolts and brackets locally to bring back the original luster.
    What did you use for scrubbing? Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    ^Mike at Midwest has a stash of those original zip ties.
    Awesome. I'll give him a shout. DMCCA and DMCH only have the clear ones in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    What did you use for scrubbing? Amazing!
    Thank you! My secret weapon is Mother's Aluminum Wheel Cleaner. I used it along with a toothbrush, plastic bristle brush and in some tricky spots, a brass bristle brush. It's incredible. Cuts right through grime and minor oxidation - just be VERY careful not to spray it onto any zinc-coated parts as it'll strip the finish right off. Use towels and rags to protect coated surfaces. Take your time and work each area slowly in multiple cleaning passes.

My VIN:    5312

3 weeks ago I sent my rims in to get refinished. The results are fantastic! I asked them to try to do a brushed style as well with original colors. Could not be happier!0424201402.jpg0424201357.jpg0424201356a.jpg26498.jpg26497.jpg
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Wheels look good. How much that cost ya?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Wheels Good Good Good but get some tire black on that rubber.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

That bay is a thing of beauty! Goes to show you don't need a lot of flash and aftermarket to have a gorgeous engine bay.

Page 822 of 920 FirstFirst ... 322 722 772 812 820 821 822 823 824 832 872 ... LastLast