FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 824 of 920 FirstFirst ... 324 724 774 814 822 823 824 825 826 834 874 ... LastLast
Results 8,231 to 8,240 of 9200

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3937

Got a set of DMC logo valve stem caps from Ed in Europe not long ago too. They look pretty good. Got absolutely raped on the exchange rate and shipping and customs charges to get it to me in Canada, but hey, I was kinda doing an experiment to see how bad it would be. Now I know.

IMG_1197.jpgIMG_1193.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Did the Mason Jar test for the injectors & line because I knew the engine was missing one piston fire.
    # 4 port from the kjet was not spraying any gazoline at all. So I switch line with injector and again no spray.

Is there anything that can be done aside from having the distributor unit reconditioned?

Thanks

And a big thanks to the trick with testing the distributor system on the « how to » section of this site.
    Attached Images

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Did you notice a screen down in the FD's #4 port?

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Did you notice a screen down in the FD's #4 port?
    Hi, I took a blue towel to remove some fuel and try to look with a flashlight but was unable to see a thing. I blew a little bit of air with compressor. I reconnect the line but that did not change anything. I did not see a screen there. I could try and take a better look tomorrow.
    Thank you for your reply M. Ron.

Maybe some dirt may have cause a clog?
    The car work perfectly fine until I decided to change the original fuel line, you know, to prevent fire engine...
    And at the same time I cleaned the intake, and the induction body... it was quite dirty. Maybe some debris left from the cleaning got lodge in one screen or port or something...?

My VIN:    3455

Last week I finished most of my winter work - new spax adjustable shocks, springs, link and control arm bushings, trailing arm bolt kit and new TAB bushings, upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, engine mounts, ss braided flex brake hoses all around, and rebuilt the parking brakes. Today I installed stainless LCA support brackets, and I've gotta say that out of all that work, they seem to have made the most notable difference in driving. It really does feel like a different car.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Hi, I took a blue towel to remove some fuel and try to look with a flashlight but was unable to see a thing. I blew a little bit of air with compressor. I reconnect the line but that did not change anything. I did not see a screen there. I could try and take a better look tomorrow.
    Thank you for your reply M. Ron.

Maybe some dirt may have cause a clog?
    The car work perfectly fine until I decided to change the original fuel line, you know, to prevent fire engine...
    And at the same time I cleaned the intake, and the induction body... it was quite dirty. Maybe some debris left from the cleaning got lodge in one screen or port or something...?
    YW!
    The screen should be easy to see. They have probably been removed (common).
    Odd way for one to go out, but ya know what they say...

PM Sent.

My VIN:    5510

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Good luck, is it a resto build or a decent one? Post some pics when she arrives. Every time i have shipped my car, i get all giddy and seeing it come out of the truck is always a total joy!
    I can't wait!! Just got word that it's on the truck and should be here on Saturday. I'll definitely get some pics.

The car is in pretty decent shape, but is definitely a project car and needs some work. The transmission is getting swapped, binnacle and seats need to be recovered, and the frame has some rust in spots that need to be cleaned up.

My VIN:    6125

I finally got mine out for spring... sorta. Just drove it about 20 feet out of the garage so I fix a few things inside the garage.

...You know, because I wouldn't want a large cast iron statue or something to fall from the rafters and land on the hood

I was surprised that it started on the second try after having sat there since October. I did put a new battery in though since the old one was completely toast.

Maybe next weekend I'll actually drive it somewhere. It feels like it's been forever.

My VIN:    5510

20200509_100032.jpg

5510 has safely arrived at her new home!!

Runs really well, looks beautiful, but needs some work. Transmission slips a lot when cool, but seems to get better when warm. Brakes seem REAL hard, but I don't have any other DeLoreans to compare it to. It's been a long time since I've driven a car without power steering, too!!

I'll be starting up a build thread soon.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    20200509_100032.jpg

5510 has safely arrived at her new home!!

Runs really well, looks beautiful, but needs some work. Transmission slips a lot when cool, but seems to get better when warm. Brakes seem REAL hard, but I don't have any other DeLoreans to compare it to. It's been a long time since I've driven a car without power steering, too!!

I'll be starting up a build thread soon.
    Awesome! Sure does look good!

I'll chime in about you mentioning the transmission slips a lot when cool. Assuming you're talking about an automatic here, you don't want to drive it much at all with it doing that. Certainly not aggressively. If your trans starts slipping, you might consider limping it home, but definitely don't go out bombing around until you sort out why it is doing that. You can end up damaging the internal plates and components and whatnot driving a slipping trans.

Now, why might it be slipping? I recall hearing the advice that if it is low on fluid, it slips. If it's got too much fluid, it'll leak. So check the ATF and add some if it's low.

Could also be the ATF filter is clogged and it's acting like the fluid level is low because the fluid can't get to where it needs to go.

And it definitely could also be the auto trans shift computer governor that's got problems. Those are susceptible to failing on the inside from capacitors blowing to solder joints coming apart but also failing externally because one or more of the electrical connection cables finds itself laying on top of a hot exhaust pipe. That shouldn't be hard to spot if you get the car in the air and have yourself a look.

Congrats and good luck!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 824 of 920 FirstFirst ... 324 724 774 814 822 823 824 825 826 834 874 ... LastLast