FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 839 of 920 FirstFirst ... 339 739 789 829 837 838 839 840 841 849 889 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    966

Club(s):   (PNDC)

My DeLorean hasn't been driven for around a month and a half while I was in hospital, and it was running a bit rough before I went in there so I thought I'd give it a bit of a service when I got out before I first turned the key. I replaced the oil + oil filter, air filter, a bunch of vacuum hoses, the fuel injector seals, and did my best to clean the fuel injectors. This was done by having a bottle of Techron added to 1/4 tank of fuel, and manually jumping the RPM relay to flush it through the fuel injectors at full flow, repeated every few hours for a few days. At the start the spray patterns were a bit rough on a couple on them, but by the end they'd greatly improved! The spray volume comparison test is also now much better; to me this now looks "acceptable" but I'm sure other people on here can tell me if they think my fuel system needs more work.

IMG_20200805_232705.jpg
    -Mike, Professional Geek, owner of VIN966

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by RIUM+ View Post
    My DeLorean hasn't been driven for around a month and a half while I was in hospital, and it was running a bit rough before I went in there so I thought I'd give it a bit of a service when I got out before I first turned the key. I replaced the oil + oil filter, air filter, a bunch of vacuum hoses, the fuel injector seals, and did my best to clean the fuel injectors. This was done by having a bottle of Techron added to 1/4 tank of fuel, and manually jumping the RPM relay to flush it through the fuel injectors at full flow, repeated every few hours for a few days. At the start the spray patterns were a bit rough on a couple on them, but by the end they'd greatly improved! The spray volume comparison test is also now much better; to me this now looks "acceptable" but I'm sure other people on here can tell me if they think my fuel system needs more work.

IMG_20200805_232705.jpg
    Good idea to clean the injectors that way. For flow amount testing, I only push the air plate down about half way. I don't think the engine can ever pull that air plate down fully.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

air plate?....

has anyone ever added a light spring to assist
    the air plate pull down rate? I wonder if it would
    make for a more responsive acceleration, and a
    higher top speed?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    has anyone ever added a light spring to assist
    the air plate pull down rate? I wonder if it would
    make for a more responsive acceleration, and a
    higher top speed?
    Just install a wideband controller and sensor if you want to run a richer mixture. Your other option is to disengage the lambda and just set the mixture richer.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10270

You can adjust the CPR and lower control pressure which would have the same effect as an assist spring.
    Your fueling will oscillate on transients and cold start fuel may be overly rich. Have done this, do not recommend.

A simpler route would be to augment the lambda WOT mod with a load-based option. An adjustable vacuum switch would be a cheap experiment, set for something like 70-90kPa? Keep the WOT switch and add the vacuum switch to detect high-load but non-WOT conditions.

It might feel a little bit jerky on the transition to WOT mode but you'll still have lambda at cruise and at low-loads for better fuel economy.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    I'm guessing there is no saving them?
    Sure there is. Just use longer hoses that are clamped on a better area of the metal. It doesn't matter if the pitted spots are safely encapsulated by the rubber hose.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    10201

Coworker gave me a toolbox and I bought a rack, so I started organizing some of her parts and all of my tools.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Organizing is for chumps

Much more exciting to wonder where you put that part or tool you know you had
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Organizing is for chumps

Much more exciting to wonder where you put that part or tool you know you had
    I'm still looking for my ratcheting 15mm combo wrench...

My VIN:    15190

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

I’m in the process of assembling my ceramic coated Muffler, exhaust, manifold and crossover pipe.
    It’s not an easy project but it will look amazing!

Page 839 of 920 FirstFirst ... 339 739 789 829 837 838 839 840 841 849 889 ... LastLast