FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 863 of 920 FirstFirst ... 363 763 813 853 861 862 863 864 865 873 913 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,630 of 9200

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I got halogen H7 conversions
    I suppose if the covers are acrylic, they could melt/warp. Have you ever driven with them on for extended time? I'm not sure if I like them or not, but I would guess they are easy to clean bugs off. Of course, they add a couple hp in aero dynamics.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I suppose if the covers are acrylic, they could melt/warp. Have you ever driven with them on for extended time? I'm not sure if I like them or not, but I would guess they are easy to clean bugs off. Of course, they add a couple hp in aero dynamics.
    I've had them for 6 years. If they haven't warped by now they aren't going to. Besides the whole reason I made them this way was so I could quickly and easily remove them for night driving.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Had my first long drive yesterday.

Filled the tank and drove to a neighboring city. Ran a few errands there and came home. It was 150 miles total. When I was down there I went to a exotic car restaurant for lunch. They have a Lamborghini parked out front and some car stuff inside. I parked and went inside. Multiple people came after me and I watched them walk right by the Lamborghini to look at the D. Ha-ha. Right before I left, two guys parked right next to me in a beautiful 58-59 Corvette.

The car did pretty good. I had a couple issues. First, my AC evaporator would freeze up after ten minutes or so. It would actually block the flow of air out the vents. I had to switch it off for five minutes to melt the ice and turn it back on. Not a big deal, but I need to look into it.

My other issue was the engine losing power after cruising in high gears at slow speeds. I found that I could down shift and rev the motor to about 4500 for a few seconds and then it would run normal again. I assume that's a sign of too rich of mixture. It seemed to run better at high rpms. (i.e., 3000)

All and all, it was a good day. I filled the tank when I got back and found my mpg to be about 15. Is that normal?

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Filled the tank and drove to a neighboring city. Ran a few errands there and came home. It was 150 miles total. When I was down there I went to a exotic car restaurant for lunch. They have a Lamborghini parked out front and some car stuff inside. I parked and went inside. Multiple people came after me and I watched them walk right by the Lamborghini to look at the D. Ha-ha. Right before I left, two guys parked right next to me in a beautiful 58-59 Corvette.

The car did pretty good. I had a couple issues. First, my AC evaporator would freeze up after ten minutes or so. It would actually block the flow of air out the vents. I had to switch it off for five minutes to melt the ice and turn it back on. Not a big deal, but I need to look into it.

My other issue was the engine losing power after cruising in high gears at slow speeds. I found that I could down shift and rev the motor to about 4500 for a few seconds and then it would run normal again. I assume that's a sign of too rich of mixture. It seemed to run better at high rpms. (i.e., 3000)

All and all, it was a good day. I filled the tank when I got back and found my mpg to be about 15. Is that normal?
    Glad to hear you are getting some fun out of it now.
    Either there is not enough air flowing through the evaporator to begin with or your refrigerant is low.
    Forget about mileage until you get the new pressure gauge set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Glad to hear you are getting some fun out of it now.
    Either there is not enough air flowing through the evaporator to begin with or your refrigerant is low.
    Forget about mileage until you get the new pressure gauge set.
    Today I used your "how to" and set the mixture with a dwell meter. Just took it out for a test drive. WooHoo! Got in to 5th gear and let it dwindle down to 1500 rpm. Gave it gas and off it went! I couldn't believe it. Drove down the back road about 75. I have to tell you all, I only adjusted the mixture about a 1/4 turn. The differnce is amazing.

On top of that, I gave her a blast of R22 and the AC is working without freezing.

You guys know I have a new corvette sitting out front? That sucker can rot. Ha-ha

I gatta go and see what else I'm going to order for the car. I think lower control arm braces and vented discs are looking promising. Yee-Ha!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Drove down the back road about 75. I have to tell you all, I only adjusted the mixture about a 1/4 turn. The differnce is amazing.
    1/4 turn is a LOT! I'm surprised it would even start being that far out.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

This day keeps getting better.
    After my last post, I decided to pull out the power antenna. After removing the canister, I saw a problem right away. Two of the wires were ripped out. I hooked 12 volts to one and up went the antenna. So I went looking for the wires up front where they go in the back wall. They looked fine there. After a bit of studying, I found how to remove the back panel. Pulled it off and there were the ripped wires.

But that's not all! The speaker cover was wedged out a bit. I looked closer and it was held out by my hood release handle! I was wondering why mine didn't have one. I still don't have the catch on the hood. (I guess they removed it because they didn't want locked out with no handle. Lol. (I'll be ordering that tomarrow)

I strung new wires and oiled the antenna up real good. Ran it up and down four or five times and now it works great. Pulled the car out of the shop and tuned in the presets. Now my radio has 1.2 gigawatts of power.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Now my radio has 1.2 gigawatts of power.
    Na, you have all of your presets on classic stations....

I went to my first car show today. I got there kind late and there was no place to park. So I parked in a bank lot that was next to the main show. I was in the third row of cars in that lot and I was basically parking someone in. There was a guy sitting in a lawn chair behind the car next to the one I park in. I asked if he knew the owner and he said the guy walked away. I told him if the guy comes back, tell him I'm just going to make a quick tour of the show and I'll be back.

I toured about two thirds of the show (it was a big show) and stoped back to see if I needed to move the car. The lawn chair guy said the other guy has not been back. So I went and got a hot dog and sat in the bank entrance to eat. I watched something funny repeat itself many times. My car was so far back and so low compared to the cars in front that nobody could see it while waking along. There was a car in front of mine that was a 50's "cop car". It had a life size cardboard cutout of Barnie Fithe next to it. People would walk along and see Barnie and walk back to look at him or take a pic with him. When they got back there, they would see my car and say "hey, there's a Delorean back here". It was comical how many times this happened.

Anyways, I finished my lunch and went to see the rest of the show. When I came back this time, there was a crowd of people around my car. When I walked up, the lawn chair guy says "there's the owner". Immediately a few of the people came up to me and said they were officials of the show and asked why I parked back there where hardly anybody could see the car. I told them "nobody guided me and I didn't see any better place to park". They told me that they would like me to move the car to the center of the show. Lol. I thanked them, but said I was leaving now.

So I guess it made a good impression. The car drove flawless there and back. With only some slight freezing of the AC evaporator.

My VIN:    6125

I drove my car for the second time this year. Moved it about 25 feet forward out of my garage so I could get my riding mower out, and then reversed back into place.

So if I've got my math right, I've got around 100 ft so far this driving season.

Page 863 of 920 FirstFirst ... 363 763 813 853 861 862 863 864 865 873 913 ... LastLast