FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 870 of 920 FirstFirst ... 370 770 820 860 868 869 870 871 872 880 ... LastLast
Results 8,691 to 8,700 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Brake resivour

On my latest trip, the brake light turned on intermittently. I checked the handbrake and it was down. Since I had worked on the brakes recently, I was concerned. I ended up unpacking the compartment and checking the resivour. It was full. Today I took it all apart and cleaned the connections, but I still don't really see what could be the problem.

Anyways I decided that the cover was in need of redesign. The stupid hole is not big enough to unplug the sensor and remove the cap if you need to add fluid. So I cut a bigger hole. Actuall, I cut a second hole the same size to make it oblong.

IMG_0509.jpg

Then I cut a piece of aluminum to fit over.

IMG_0510.jpg

It just spins on one mount bolt to cover the resivour. It's much stronger then that silly piece of rubber.

IMG_0511.jpg
    Last edited by Helirich; 06-23-2021 at 10:40 PM.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    On my latest trip, the brake light turned on intermittently. I checked the handbrake and it was down. Since I had worked on the brakes recently, I was concerned. I ended up unpacking the compartment and checking the resivour. It was full. Today I took it all apart and cleaned the connections, but I still don't really see what could be the problem.
    Have a read through this for the brake fluid reservoir level switch: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...roubleshooting

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Have a read through this for the brake fluid reservoir level switch: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...roubleshooting
    Your description may have solved the mystery. I didn't know about the test button. I think my luggage was pushing the rubber cover into the test button. So I probably fixed the issue without knowing it. I stated this on your thread also for the next guy.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I meant what'd you use for the blending pads.

Yeah SEM Trim black is the go to on that.. I also used SEM Titanium for my fascias
    Ah, yes. I use the finer blending pads that are red in color. Takes a little longer than the coarser grey ones the vendors sell, but I like the finish better.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

I meant what'd you use for the blending pads.

Yeah SEM Trim black is the go to on that.. I also used SEM Titanium for my fascias
    Interesting. Why did you choose that color versus the complex blend for the original color (perhaps that
    answers the question right there). And how did you strip the old paint and prepare the fascias?
    I'm tempted to paint the black section too, if only because I need to fill 3 holes at the front for a
    prior license plate.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Could you give me a review of the U.K. Exhaust? (Fit, sound, vibration, anything you can think of)
    I got my UK exhaust used from a friend overseas, and I believe it is one of the first, if not THE first one that was made by the company. Fit and finish is great, and I love the exhaust note. A nice gurgling when decelerating. A video would not do it justice, but I can say that the newer versions of this exhaust that I’ve heard on other DeLoreans sound different and a bit quieter.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Interesting. Why did you choose that color versus the complex blend for the original color (perhaps that
    answers the question right there). And how did you strip the old paint and prepare the fascias?
    I'm tempted to paint the black section too, if only because I need to fill 3 holes at the front for a
    prior license plate.
    I liked the color, and the way the paint is it will sometimes be lighter or darker than the stainless, depending on how you view it. All I did for prep was to sand it a bit (I also had to repair some cracks) and used self etching primer..a few coats..more sanding, then about 5 or 6 coats of paint (for bot the titanium and trim black.

I still have the holes in my front fascia too, which I will probably leave because washington requires a front plate on the car.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10332

I liked the color, and the way the paint is it will sometimes be lighter or darker than the stainless, depending on how you view it. All I did for prep was to sand it a bit (I also had to repair some cracks) and used self etching primer..a few coats..more sanding, then about 5 or 6 coats of paint (for bot the titanium and trim black.

I still have the holes in my front fascia too, which I will probably leave because washington requires a front plate on the car.

WA doesn't enforce that for classic cars. My Delorean has never had a front plate, and it was a Washington car since it's original sale. I'd go ahead and fix those holes if you want to.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

...... holes in my front fascia ......
    I don't know what they are called but I have these flat'ish round button type things that have a "pin" on the back that inserts into the holes. I think I found them at a hardware store many years ago. They cover the raw hole nicely and look a bit oem. Not as nice as no holes but better that the original holes drilled via screws way back when. And removable if needed.

They are similar to: https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-a16122...omotive&sr=1-3
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    4877

Be more work..cutting the things out, filling in the holes with upol, yada, yada.. definately something for later if I decide to...few more things left before I can get her hauled up to Toby for the work I cant do myself.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 870 of 920 FirstFirst ... 370 770 820 860 868 869 870 871 872 880 ... LastLast