FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 878 of 920 FirstFirst ... 378 778 828 868 876 877 878 879 880 888 ... LastLast
Results 8,771 to 8,780 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Hey by the way - how do you add photos so they appear larger and not just a thumbnail? I'm using the "manage attachments" function. And sometimes my portrait-oriented photos are appearing as landscape. How do you fix this?
    Instructions for inserting photos (not thumbnails) directly into a post on this forum are posted here.

Scroll up or down to find the blue header topic Attachments and Images.

Then look at the Add Image section and find the Album (?) link to open the album instructions. I use the BB code to get images showing 'full size'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums....

When you have uploaded a photo, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

For inserting pics into posts, check out this link (post 6):
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16323-Photos

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Replaced the original TABs, bushings and started a ground upgrade. The TABs you can barely tell that there bent. OK there's only a little over 16000 miles on the OD.

For the gounds I replaced the battery cable. Ran cables to the transmission and ran it to the front of the car. Needed to order more cable ends so the front isn't connected yet. With the little bit that's there I gained a volt at idle. I was getting a little over 13 volts at idle.

I went with 2 gauge welding cable

Dave B.
    Finished ground upgrades. I ran a ground from the front to the trailing arm bracket. From bracket to transmission other side of transmission to the battery trailing arm bracket. New battery cable. Than a cable from bulkhead connection to transmission.
    Car seems to idle a little better and a gain of about 1 1/2 volts interior at idle. Definitely worth the effort! The battery cable definitely had a lot of deep corrosion on both ends.

Planning on redoing the power side and eliminating the old cable's. Later this year.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 08-07-2021 at 03:33 PM.

My VIN:    11596

Finally wrapped up my fuel system update today. After doing a pressure/leak test earlier this week I found a tiny bit of seepage coming from between the fuel filter and the 90 elbow at the bottom. I decided to just order a new elbow rather than mess around with the 40 year old one which possibly has some damage to it. In fact I remember fuel leaks there being a problem like 15 years ago when I changed the filter. Got the new elbow this afternoon, applied a very thin coating of hylomar AF to the threads (my blue threadlocker had dried up.....) and installed. Jumped RPM relay to re-pressurize for 10 minutes under full pressure and carefully watched the fitting. No more leaks! This project is done!

PXL_20210807_195135654.jpg
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    5311

Replaced the door struts. This was long overdue, but there was no real point in fixing them until the car was running again. Now that it is, that's done.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    2942

Installed one of these from DMCH today.
    Attached Images

Lost clutch hydraulics so it's time for the replacements. So this is a 40 year old clutch master cylinder. The slave will be coming soon.

Dave B.
    Attached Images

Lost clutch hydraulics so it's time for the replacements. So this is a 40 year old clutch master cylinder. The slave will be coming soon.

Dave B.
    Replaced the original clutch slave today. Tomorrow I will see if I have clutch.
    Man what a pain in the neck!

Don't they just look wonderful!😁😁

Dave B.
    Attached Images

Replaced the original clutch slave today. Tomorrow I will see if I have clutch.
    Man what a pain in the neck!

Don't they just look wonderful!����

Dave B.
    Took the car out for a test drive. So I have a fully functional clutch again!!! I'm so happy!!!

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 08-23-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Page 878 of 920 FirstFirst ... 378 778 828 868 876 877 878 879 880 888 ... LastLast