Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Weather stripping kits...

  1. #11
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,294

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Sorry to hear that, man!

    Also can I say that DPI's price is actually insane considering it includes the louver support buffers?
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, April 2012 to present
    restoration log, March 2011 to April 2012
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  2. #12
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,377

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Sorry to hear that, man!

    Also can I say that DPI's price is actually insane considering it includes the louver support buffers?
    Only two more sets at this price! Then a price increase due to the louver strips going through the roof.

  3. #13
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,377

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    We are now out of the Louver support brackets at the listed price.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    94

    Door Seals and Roof Seals

    We have been selling seals for years that are 1/8" larger in tubular diameter to better compensate for the difference in front /rear position of the door. Take a look--
    www.Deloreanupgradeparts.com

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Posts:    25

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    I ended up going with DPI's. They're high quality, fit perfectly, and the self adhesive parts are more than adequate without requiring "assistance" from other canned or bottled adhesives.

    Note of caution though: Installation of the upper door seals (rubber strips) is a real job. If you take it to a professional be sure they know what they're doing. Josh offered free tech assist via phone to the very reputable shop I took 1258 to, and they disregarded it and decided to do their own thing. The results were dammage to the tops of one of my doors. It's the toughest part of the job and need to be done correctly.
    Curious as to the warnings/difficulties with this part of the procedure ?

  6. #16
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,294

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparas View Post
    Curious as to the warnings/difficulties with this part of the procedure ?
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?27...of-seal-106967
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, April 2012 to present
    restoration log, March 2011 to April 2012
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  7. #17
    Aussie Member Tillsy's Avatar
    Join Date:  Feb 2012

    Location:  Adelaide

    Posts:    923

    My VIN:    6679

    Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    DMCH kit requires clips on inner door seals DPI and STA does not
    I don't think this is the case anymore.

    I purchased the DMCH kit and it did not come with clips, and the inner door seals internally contain a thick U shaped metal the whole length down. I had to remove my old clips and push very firmly to get the new stripping on - is holding and working an absolute treat.
    Chris

  8. #18
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,377

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    I don't think this is the case anymore.

    I purchased the DMCH kit and it did not come with clips, and the inner door seals internally contain a thick U shaped metal the whole length down. I had to remove my old clips and push very firmly to get the new stripping on - is holding and working an absolute treat.
    Haven't used one of their kits since that post.

  9. #19
    Aussie Member Tillsy's Avatar
    Join Date:  Feb 2012

    Location:  Adelaide

    Posts:    923

    My VIN:    6679

    Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Haven't used one of their kits since that post.
    BTW I was very tempted to get your kit, but needed the louver support buffers (which yours no longer has) as one of mine is broken (though admittedly still worked fine, just didn't like the look of it).
    Chris

  10. #20
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,377

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    BTW I was very tempted to get your kit, but needed the louver support buffers (which yours no longer has) as one of mine is broken (though admittedly still worked fine, just didn't like the look of it).
    Thanks! I started keeping those for in house use only until we reproduce a better replacement. Dmc jacked the prices for no reason.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •