FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skidmores Leather Cream

Skidmores Leather Cream

A source turned me on to this stuff: http://www.skidmores.com/

It is the best leather cream I have ever used. Easy to use, natural, and reasonably priced. I purchased some for a cabinet refurb and read that it could be used on leather, in the same fashion. You can really feel this stuff work. I first used it on a DMCH shift boot I purchased back in '07. I thought it was in good shape, and that the Skidmores would just be for good measure, I was wrong. I had previously never used a leather treatment on the shift boot, the Skidmores brought it back to life, feels NEW again! I've since put it on the rest of the interior, good for vinyl too. I'm just floored by the results.

You've got to to try this stuff! Also, as an added bonus, since it uses all natural ingredients including beeswax, it gives off a real and pure smell, similar to new car but more REAL!

Hope it can work for you!
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 12-03-2011 at 12:07 AM.

My VIN:    05141

I have this set from DMC with all type of cleaning products in it. Came with the car when I bought it. Inside is also a bottle with protector for your leather seats. I do this twice per year. (Cool climate here and my car is always parkerd inside)

I had my seats professionally recoverd 5 years ago and they still look like new. I like the mat new leather looks. What I do not like is when the leather becomes shiny. I fear these products shine up the leather.

How often do you guys put these products on your seats?
    Am I right these products give a shine to leather?

John

Steering with power

The Skidmores will not shine it up, only moisturize it. Initially it will be shiny when it's applied. Just let it sit for a time, about 2-3 hours and wipe it off with a clean rag. What's left I can only describe as a moisturized skin feeling. No icky residue, no chemical smell, just a brand new leather. Thats what I love so much about this particular product, all it does is reinvigorate the leather, make it healthier.

As to use, everything I've ever heared about automotive leather care recommends 1-2 times a year.
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 12-05-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Never tried it. I usually use AutoGlym conditioner on my cars, which I find works really quite well; moisturizes nicely and has a nice faint scent. I also occasionally use Leatherique which is a small speciality brand.
    A couple times per year, I 'clean' the leather with XtraDuty (a foaming all purpose interior cleaner bought through commercial supplier CarBrite) and a toothbrush. Then I apply Leatherique conditioning oil, THEN the Leatherique Leather Cleaner. Then a slight bit of AutoGlym Conditioner to finish it off. The leather will look very clean and will feel significantly softer and robust. Sorry to ramble, but that's my leather care regimen.

My VIN:    2964

Will it work on the rest of the car that is pleather??
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    Will it work on the rest of the car that is pleather??
    Yes it will, very well in fact.

Cool!! Actually just realized I wrote pleather instead of vinyl. lol

When applying the cream, just put it on and let it sit??? Doe snot require heat like Leatherique does??

I figured vinyl was what you meant. The instructions do not call for heating, but when I put it on 1258s seats ambient temp was about 65 degrees. It's incredibly simple to use.

So I just received my skidmore leather cream. How exactly should I use it??

Might sound like a dumb question, but I've used several leather care products, each has its own.

I use a clean rag, and I just spread some on the seat, console, ect.. as if I were applying car wax or something??

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    So I just received my skidmore leather cream. How exactly should I use it??

Might sound like a dumb question, but I've used several leather care products, each has its own.

I use a clean rag, and I just spread some on the seat, console, ect.. as if I were applying car wax or something??
    That's correct. Apply it with a clean rag of lint free cloth, or it's applicator if it came with one. It should make the leather and vinyl appear glossy upon initial application. Let it sit for about ten to fifteen minutes then wipe it all off until the gloss disappears. Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast