FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Skidmores Leather Cream

My VIN:    2964

So, I have been using this product for awhile, I really don't see any result.

Other than my DeLorean I put some on my Trans Am as well, but no difference either.

There are a few rough/hard spots on the DeLorean, most of put 5 applications at differen times. I also used a hair dryer on those spots. The hair dryer made it soft, which I thought needed some ehat, but became hard again. I don't want those spots to start cracking!

Any ideas?? Am I doing something wrong??
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    So, I have been using this product for awhile, I really don't see any result.

Other than my DeLorean I put some on my Trans Am as well, but no difference either.

There are a few rough/hard spots on the DeLorean, most of put 5 applications at differen times. I also used a hair dryer on those spots. The hair dryer made it soft, which I thought needed some ehat, but became hard again. I don't want those spots to start cracking!

Any ideas?? Am I doing something wrong??
    It's gonna crack. Sorry!

My seats were rock hard but still un-cracked. I used 2 ENTIRE bottles of Leatherique (it's a 2 part thing). I even removed the seats from the car and turned our bathroom into a sauna with a bunch of heaters. It got a lot of grime out, but within a few weeks of sitting on the seats i got cracks.

If the leather is super hard AND tight (insert joke here) it's probably gonna crack.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

I'm sorry to hear it... I guess there is stuff even Skidmores can't bring back from the dead. I hope this hasn't turned you off from the product. I guess maybe it was just your leathers time?

My VIN:    2964

I feel there is no point to the cream. It hasn't done anything to any areas I put it on. Even the ok/good spot, thought it might improve them, but absolutely nothing.

What are your experiences??
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

Well it was like I said. I got it and followed the instructions. And the after effect on my leather AND vinyl was amazing. I used it on a 4 year old shift boot from DMCH that was feeling a bit on the stiff side. After I applied it and let it set for a while, then removed it per the instructions, it was like brand new again! That's why I recommended it. I wish I could've seen your seats condition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2