FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Items, Products and Parts You'd Like to See Vendors Supply

The other item that I was thinking of that would be nice for a vendor to make is a cover for the bottom of the engine spanning from driver to passenger side that would be aluminum but painted flat black to improve aerodynamics, be vented to allow heat and any leaks an exit, clean up the look underneath from behind, and also have access to the oil pan drain plug and filter without removal....I have heard one was custom made at some point but never saw any pictures....

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    My Avenger GTs bought a couple of months ago had 2009/2010 stamps on them front/rear so I lucked out before they were sold out....
    Still available through tires-easy.com

I think they have the cobras too, just send a message or call and ask about the manufacture date to ensure they send the most recent ones out.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Someone mentioned on the old board: a fiberglass front facia in the original Collins era design. Bonus points for a set up that you can easily get on and off.

My VIN:    11596

The other item that I was thinking of that would be nice for a vendor to make is a cover for the bottom of the engine spanning from driver to passenger side that would be aluminum but painted flat black to improve aerodynamics, be vented to allow heat and any leaks an exit, clean up the look underneath from behind, and also have access to the oil pan drain plug and filter without removal....I have heard one was custom made at some point but never saw any pictures....
    Actually I like how it's open underneath. If you have a cleaned and painted oilpan and headers such as the Stage 1 setup that hang down, it looks straight bad-ass from behind. The rear view of my car is definitely my favorite. Always gets compliments at car shows.

Andy
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

- How about the larger stock looking 16" - 17" rims (can still register online for this)
    I would even go for 17" front & back but 18's seem too tall.
    Also have the rims wider 10mm say for example: 205/45/16 and 245/45/17 tires.

- I would like to see offered a bolt on supercharger rather than a turbo as its exsists.

- Digital instrument cluster that does not require any hacking of the wires ( just plug in)
    and can use the existing angle drive or connects direct to a sender for the speedo.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Bolt-on EFI kit.

Yeah, I'll keep dreaming.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by BK2DFUTR View Post
    Digital instrument cluster that does not require any hacking of the wires ( just plug in) and can use the existing angle drive or connects direct to a sender for the speedo.
    I'm <slowly> working on this...
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Ben Bird's old Scientific Automotive tried this back in the 80's and found it retained too much heat in the engine compartment and dropped the idea.

Bruce Benson

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'd like to see reproductions of the wide black side stripe with the original logo design, not the cut out.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    03254

My list....

-Replacement speedometer eliminating the angle drive
    -A reliable/accurate fuel sending unit.
    -A reliable/accurate oil pressure sending unit... Sorry John your unit worked really well for about a month and then was just as accurate as the OEM one I replaced it with...
    -I second the bolt on Cruise Control idea

Dan

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast