FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Getting the "feel of the car" at/near the limit

My car has the slight shimmy as well. I had the tires re-balanced and the shimmy was still there, ever so slight. I believe if the lower control arm bracket upgrade is added, it might help...maybe someone can chime in on this...I will be doing the upgrade in a month....

I had my control arms "boxed" in and it didn't help with any of the front suspension play I had. It did greatly improve hard braking, almost eliminating the nervousness the car exhibits in these instances.

Lotus's design of doubling the sway bar as a strut rod, was not one of their best. It does fit Chapman's desire to simplify things though...

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

I have also noticed that under hard braking on bumpy or un-even ground the steering wheel really likes to jump around a fairly significant amount. I am wondering if this kit to reinforce the LCA's will help with this? -

I really notice this the worst when coming into a corner I can make around at about 40 mph coming in at about 80, while hard on the brakes - a few pot holes or pavement imperfections during this maneuver really "shake things up" On a track or fairly flat ground this would likely not really ever come up... I'm not sure how well controlled the front wheels are for this sort of driving with the factory sat up which uses the front ARB to double as a guide / track rod. Granted, plenty of other cars are set up like this too (saturn SL/SC for example), but typically the ARB is HUGE on this sort of set up.

I also suspect that an upgraded front sway bar may also help with this "bad feeling" when hard on the brakes over bumps.
    Still rocking the Ducellier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2