FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: BTTF Conversion

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Dang, I get busy for a couple of days and things go apeshit, BTTF style. Flames are out and I hope the conversation can get back on a positive track. Next one to how the BTTF molotov cocktail wins a time out. I don't care who started it take it to PM or one of the other forums.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

To both Jimmycxc and Videobob I think the car looks awesome! Though for now BTTF conversions aren't something that I would attempt, I think they're pretty awesome, especially when your level of effort is put in.

Also Bob I have to say I've always been impressed by the blue neon style lighting under the grating of your cars more than any others.

My VIN:    Formerly 2744

Club(s):   (DCF) (DMCNE)

Any chance of seeing a video of this car in action?

My VIN:    6239 - November 81

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmycxc View Post
    I can totally agree with you on this RunDMC. I was talking about converting it for years before I actually decided to do it. Going back and forth whether to do it or not. I always wanted to, but never had the balls to actually go through with it. However, one night, on my honeymoon nonetheless, I got so drunk, I said F it and I ordered the time circuits from Erick. When I got home, I had a good conversation with VB and was shipping my car down to Dallas the next week.

Part of me is sad that I took away the originality of the car, but the other 98% of me says, I have the coolest car in world. Like VB told me before hand, it is completely different owning a DeLorean vs a DeLorean Time Machine. If you think you receive attention now with your DeLorean, you have no idea how much you get with the Time Machine. You are an instant celebrity.

You can see in the eyes of everyone who stops to look at it that they are reliving their childhood by seeing this car. Bringing them to a place where times were more simple. To see that enjoyment on total stranger's faces, it was worth it to me.
    I often mull how mega-popular my car would be after said conversion. Then I think about things like the difficulty shifting, the time circuits covering the A/C console, the loss of the parcel shelf to the techno-firewall thingy, loss of any rear visibility, and the increased claustrophobia when surrounded by cabling, ceiling consoles and the like. Granted, I have no firsthand experience with this, so I admit it is all perception based on regularly driving my stock DMC.

Plus, I REALLY like the rear louvers of the vehicle a lot. Losing them would nag at me.

Maybe one day a few years from now the bug will be too big to fight off...
    With DeLoreans, real knowledge comes only with experience.

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by rundmc View Post
    I often mull how mega-popular my car would be after said conversion. Then I think about things like the difficulty shifting, the time circuits covering the A/C console, the loss of the parcel shelf to the techno-firewall thingy, loss of any rear visibility, and the increased claustrophobia when surrounded by cabling, ceiling consoles and the like. Granted, I have no firsthand experience with this, so I admit it is all perception based on regularly driving my stock DMC.
    To me, having a BTTF replica is pretty much a toy than anything else. Definately not transport, more so a prop like everything else BTTF related that's kept for show and tell.

Attention Whore

Thanks, however I use WHITE neon / LEDs because that's what they used in the film, it looks blue with certain camera settings.
    If you watch the behind the scenes you will see it is white.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    To both Jimmycxc and Videobob I think the car looks awesome! Though for now BTTF conversions aren't something that I would attempt, I think they're pretty awesome, especially when your level of effort is put in.

Also Bob I have to say I've always been impressed by the blue neon style lighting under the grating of your cars more than any others.

My VIN:    15880

Quote Originally Posted by T_Stanley View Post
    Any chance of seeing a video of this car in action?
    Yes, I will put a video together once all this white stuff on the ground is all gone. There are some pictures on http://www.rentthetimemachine.com and if you like it on facebook, there are a few more pictures.

My VIN:    15880

Quote Originally Posted by rundmc View Post

Plus, I REALLY like the rear louvers of the vehicle a lot. Losing them would nag at me.

Maybe one day a few years from now the bug will be too big to fight off...
    I was concerned about all the same things. The shifting does take a little bit to get used to, but not that bad. The center vents are not completely defunct. You just place the vents pointing down and the air comes underneath the time circuits. For rear visibility, I had Bob add a rear view camera and 7" screen. You still have a little bit of a rear deck, although not as much...maybe 50% of what it was. As far as claustrophobia....yes, it is tight in there, but again, you get used to it.

I did like the rear louvers, but I must admit that I like the BTTF vents more after seeing it in person.

Website looks great dude! I hope this works out well for you!

Attention Whore

Wow, really cool website!
    Thanks for all the mentions and plugs!!
    -VB

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmycxc View Post
    Yes, I will put a video together once all this white stuff on the ground is all gone. There are some pictures on http://www.rentthetimemachine.com and if you like it on facebook, there are a few more pictures.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast