FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale 1983 Delorean DMC-12 in Toronto Ontario Canada

Why better??? Sure my car is in as good if not better shape . That car on ebay looks in perfect shape. Not sure about it's functioning condition.... pics cannot tell you that. Also the appraised value of this car is in Canadian dollars. NOT U.S. Dollar. Also stated in post kept papers of all work & only 1 previous onwer. I had for 2 years. previous owner is real estate Developer in Thornhill. Car collector & kept in tempature controled garage.
    Last edited by delorean2010; 12-09-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

Serious Question:

When you still have it next year, are you going to bring it out to the Ontario Club events with a "For Sale" sign on it in an effort to drum up interest? It would give your car added visibility, allow people to compare it to some of our cars, and would do a hell of a lot more for your cause than whats happened here so far.

My VIN:    17097 Canadian Edition

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by delorean2010 View Post
    Original in that this car has not the modern modifications of all sorts that many owners have done to their car. Although pics help I am looking for serious buyers in the area that will take the time to contact, make appointment & see in person. The posting makes clear the condition. Regarless of any pics or claims a serious buyer ready, willing & able would come see for themselves. Professionally appraised by Maurice Bramhall of Bramhall Classic Cars & Appraisers.
    OK, I’ll enter your dream world for a moment; What is the VIN of this car? I am interested. Does it still have NCTs? If I said I was “a serious buyer ready, willing & able” would you send me pics of the car? OK, I am leaving your dream world now.

......Mike......

Quote Originally Posted by delorean2010 View Post
    Why better??? Sure my car is in as good if not better shape . That car on ebay looks in perfect shape. Not sure about it's functioning condition.... pics cannot tell you that. Also the appraised value of this car is in Canadian dollars. NOT U.S. Dollar. Also stated in post kept papers of all work & only 1 previous onwer. I had for 2 years. previous owner is real estate Developer in Thornhill. Car collector & kept in tempature controled garage.
    Why better? Cause the seller of the one I added the link to is asking 34K US if I recall correctly. You want an addtional 8K, no?

Here is the conversion or exchange rate for Can. - US $. 43,000Can = 42,087.9 USD

Sorry but dream on unless you can show some picks and not just a handful but 10-20 including the frame.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Ok everyone. If this is how he wants to sell his car, it's his right. If you are interested in contacting the seller, please do so for more information.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

NEWS FLASH: the pics look essentially like the one pointed out on ebay .... as well as a guzzilion others out there that are in pristine shape. Nothing new nor unique will be revealed & you sure as hell cannot get a detailed assessment through pics. As for the frame the coating is still intact, no indication of cracking or peeling. The original owner had in temprature controlled garage, never drove in bad weather. The vin # in no way will indicate the condition of a 1983 Delorean etc. Those that come see the car can see the vin if interested in the production stage through the 1983 year.

My VIN:    3937

Which month in 1983 was the car built?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Which month in 1983 was the car built?
    Ahem.

What month??? Why? You only consider buying Deloreans made in certain months. The appraisor never asked this. Does it REALLY have material influence on the market value of the car??? Sounds like you got WAY too much time on your hands!!!

My VIN:    6125

The production build date (month and year) is listed on the VIN tag inside the driver's door sill. Since you were not originally willing to share the car's VIN, identifying the build month is another way to verify that this is a legit sale. No DeLoreans were actually built in 83, rather the 83 model year cars have mostly late 82 build dates.

From what I can tell people are questioning if your ad is legit due to the way you've presented your information, as well as the higher asking price. If this is indeed a legit sale you have to expect to be able to answer a few basic questions, especially if you're also not willing to provide pictures. Otherwise what is the point of posting the ad here? Let the internet work for you by displaying the condition of your car. It's a huge advantage for you to let people see what they would be buying.

Nobody is going to believe "perfect condition" as a description when you go on to say that the seats only have a few cracks. That's not perfect, that's imperfection. What other parts on the car are also imperfect like the seats? This is why people want pics, so they can see for themselves.

I'm sure you have no negative intentions with your ad, but you are sending up lots of red flags by the way you are presenting your information and by not providing basic details you'd find in most other car ads. Help us all out and tell us some more info about the car. How about the interior color? That's a pretty major piece of missing information considering the car had only had two factory options: choice of interior color and choice of transmission type.
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-10-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast