FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: For Sale 1983 Delorean DMC-12 in Toronto Ontario Canada

It is grey interior. The car had 1 owner here in Toronto ( Thornhill) I have original Dealers sticker from here in Thornhill. I live in a city of 4 million & it is not hard to sell to someone locally who can come see the car. REALLY ..... photos would not even show imperfections in the seats of which for any seats that are 27 years old .... there is. That is how usefull photos are to someone ready to buy. This is only 1 avenue to sell this car to the general public & aimed at those locally here for which not to inconvienent to come see the car. The price may be considered too high to those fanatics & " experts " of the Delorean but as with many car sales it is a point of negotiation. I am also signaling to avaiod those who come along thinking they can get a steal or such a sale is a desparation sale. Past experience indicates too many people out there with that mentality coming along offering half price on assests..... even homes. Especially Americans, due to their economy, every sale is seen as a bankruptcy sale. Sorry here is Canada our economy has not crapped into the toilette & the sale of most assets are for other personal reasons.
    Last edited by delorean2010; 12-10-2011 at 08:10 AM.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

VIN number is helpful. Often there is information out there on Deloreans if the VIN is known. For example, a Delorean may have been in an accident years ago that had major damage. The damage might have been fixed but a potential buyer may want to know that it had been in an accident. I'm not saying your car was but knowing the VIN allows people to research the history of the car, if history is out there. I agree with one of the other posters that there seems to be too many red flags here. Your sale may be perfectly legit but by not posting pictures and not giving the VIN, this is raising questions in the minds of people.

My VIN:    3937

Whether your car does exist and is "perfect", or the whole thing is a scam, no one on here believes anything you've said. It's not hard to prove your good intentions, just provide the things we've asked and you'll have all the better luck selling your car.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

I'm from Toronto and there is no reason why I would pay that asking price when I could pay $10000 less in the US and import it here for $1000. Also, this is an automatic trans. car, which probably won't help the case (nothing against autos, btw). The way that this forum thread has been going, things aren't looking so good. Not willing to positively respond to basic buyer/seller questions (Vin, pics, etc.) and getting snappy and defensive with people is not a great way to spread the word with those in the DeLorean community who could even help you to sell the car faster. Good luck selling the car, but often those who are in the market for such a specialty vehicle are "in the know" and are aware of what current market values are. Average/good Canadian Ds so often seem to be priced at the price of Excellent/Fully-Restored American Ds. The US's economy has affected the market value of the DeLorean, so they are NOT worth THAT much. The vast majority of DeLoreans are in the US and for a "perfect" non-restored all original DeLorean the value is in the mid $30k range tops. A very good, upgraded, turnkey DeLorean in good cosmetic condition is worth about $25K-$27K tops.
    I'm just giving my two cents, whether its worth anything to you, or not. So, again, I do wish you luck and I hope it goes to someone local so I can see it driving around town!

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I'm interested. $43k sounds like a good deal considering Houston wants $60k for a new one.

Exactly..... excellent condition.... mid 30's & i have as a starting asking price 8k more: 43-35=8k. So what is all the fuss. As I said before interested in selling in the local market here in G.T.A. were it is no trouble for person to come see car. Original dealer sticker, papers etc all available to see.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Well, you might come across a collector who wants an all original car that is willing to pay it. Good luck.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by delorean2010 View Post
    Exactly..... excellent condition.... mid 30's & i have as a starting asking price 8k more: 43-35=8k. So what is all the fuss. As I said before interested in selling in the local market here in G.T.A. were it is no trouble for person to come see car. Original dealer sticker, papers etc all available to see.
    Does it include a flux capacitor?

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Does it include a flux capacitor?
    If it had a working one, you could go back in time and earn back the extra 10k you spent on this car by betting on sporting events.... worked out well enough for Biff, right?

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Okay, I never chime in on these threads but seems like everything the community has requested is basic 101 car sales. I am chiming in because of my very positive experience buying my D as well as perhaps giving this D a chance. Every car, whether 1.5k or 150k, should (and do) have this basic info beyond "perfect condition" (clearing throat). My question is... Why would you say/imply you are going for the local market as if that is the best option? Why even post here? I looked for many months for my D and would have flown most anywhere within reason if things checked out. I ended up buying from DMCMW - deal basically closed after flying out. This was because of the positive experience (the amazing Dave and Julee!), full disclosure on the vehicle, research, etc... Most relevent, this was all spawned over a well versed description and picture detail. This thread just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and potential buyers might feel the same. The community can be harsh, but only because it cares. Perhaps a re-post with pictures and ample info would help both sides if this. Easy breezy? Help this little D out?
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast