Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Parade photos and stories

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

That's awesome!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't complete this year's parade. I started to overheat and pulled to the side just to be safe. I would have made it had they not lined us up 20 minute early and then just parked us. A few other classics had the same issue. I was the only one that couldn't get started before the parade fully passed though. I made it about halfway through the route.

Sucks...Red was looking so awesome too.
    That sucks man; parades can be scary sometimes. I almost didn't make it through my first one and it was in downtown Cincy so there wouldn't have been anywhere to turn off. I remember we had done work on one of Cliff S. cars before a parade once and something had happened causing the fans to get disconnected. The car was his EFI car and sure enough the temp started to rise. He richened his mixture from inside his car (since he can control that) and turned the heater on full blast and was able to make it through. It got so hot though that his passenger's flip flops got deformed! Sometimes you're not that lucky though.

What happened? No fans?
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 12-08-2012 at 05:49 PM.

My VIN:    4534

I think my coolant started to boil. I don't think the cap held the proper pressure. I'll test it tomorrow, once I got home I parked her and left her alone. I was kind of irritated with the whole thing. I'm not really sure if the fans kicked on or not. It was so loud during the parade I really couldn't tell. I had my heater going but it just didn't help bring down the temps.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    I think my coolant started to boil. I don't think the cap held the proper pressure. I'll test it tomorrow, once I got home I parked her and left her alone. I was kind of irritated with the whole thing. I'm not really sure if the fans kicked on or not. It was so loud during the parade I really couldn't tell. I had my heater going but it just didn't help bring down the temps.
    Got ya. Yea, even with my cooling fan fail light acting as a fan indicator, I'll still repeatedly stick my hand under the car during parades to feel if the hot air is blowing past. That's the worst feeling when that needle rises. Cliff said he hovered around the first orange mark the entire parade. I think he's pretty gutsy to attempt it but he made it. Personally I would never tempt it though. I'd be gone in a flash trying to get airflow through the radiator. It's one thing to hit that mark then come back down, it's another to chill at that mark for an hour or so

Pics from this years Hampton Holly Days Parade. I was rollin' with the SCPA. Great people.

1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    4534

Wow, now that is a heavily decorated Delorean. Looks awesome.

My cap was the culprit. I stuck it on my tester and it couldn't even hold one pound of pressure. At least I caught it during the parade and not on the side of the road somewhere.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3