FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Delorean Owner's Handbook / Manual

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    The 1981 manuals have *ONE* color photo, the cutaway of the DeLorean car.
    This picture?
    CIMG0171.jpg

If people are willing to pay/sell a manual for $100+ I wonder what someone would give for a signed manual? Just did a quick search on ebay, someone's got a manual on there for $250!

In all honesty I wouldn't sell it separately, it would go with the car. After all, that's how I got it. I do keep a reproduction manual with the car and this one says in a safe place.

One of the biggest regrets I have in my DMC ownership thus far is the mistake of leaving the owner's manual on the dashboard by accident, allowing the paper to get stuck to the inside of the valet and ruining the back cover. I suppose when I run out of things to fix and have lots of vanity money I'll buy a new piece of original perforated owner's-manual-accurate paper or something.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Notifier View Post
    This picture?
    CIMG0171.jpg
    that is so badass.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Notifier View Post
    If people are willing to pay/sell a manual for $100+ I wonder what someone would give for a signed manual?
    Great question, I have an original 81 manual signed by JZD, as well as his autobiography signed, and my glove box lid on #5000 (signed underneath in paint pen with the VIN #, not on top on the vinyl to fade out like all the others I have seen). Not that I want to sell any of those items, but the value (I suspect) is what someone would pay that I would accept. There can only be so many out there that are signed anyway (maybe 100 or less?).

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Great question, I have an original 81 manual signed by JZD, as well as his autobiography signed, and my glove box lid on #5000 (signed underneath in paint pen with the VIN #, not on top on the vinyl to fade out like all the others I have seen). Not that I want to sell any of those items, but the value (I suspect) is what someone would pay that I would accept. There can only be so many out there that are signed anyway (maybe 100 or less?).
    Anything that's part of the car (glove box lid, manual, whatever) that's been signed should say with the car. Different story if the vehicle is totaled.

I wouldn't even pay $100 for an original manual unless I was totally trying to go concourse or something, when you figure most of what's in the vehicle is intuitive. Plus the fact that a good reproduction is available for a modest cost. Now the workshop/parts/service manuals to me are worth the price because of the information they give.

I thought someone had their hood signed at one point? Or was I mistaken?

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

I did locate my original 1995 files that re-created the Owner's Handbook over the weekend. Brought back lots of memories...

So as not to confuse the issue, how/where would the moderator(s) like me to upload the GOOD version of the PDF file?

James

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I did locate my original 1995 files that re-created the Owner's Handbook over the weekend. Brought back lots of memories...

So as not to confuse the issue, how/where would the moderator(s) like me to upload the GOOD version of the PDF file?

James
    I suggest the one I posted be overwritten.
    THX James!

I thought so, too, but don't want anyone else to come along later and read the succeeding posts and think it's still an incorrect version.

James

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

James
    If you dont mind, please start a new thread and we will close this thread with a link to the updated book thread and remove the older version here.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    If you dont mind, please start a new thread and we will close this thread with a link to the updated book thread and remove the older version here.
    Done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast