FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DMC Florida's Expansion

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer96 View Post
    You bought another one?
    You could say I upgraded...

Rather than pour money & waiting time into extensive (and expensive) restoration work on 1662 after 19 years and 225,000+ miles of daily driving, I instead traded it in to DMCFL as a down payment on 1150, a 7,500 mile cream-puff with a recent frame-off full restoration. They then flipped 1662 on e-bay as a "needs work project car" for someone else, so it was a win/win for everyone. Had the new car now for about 15 months, with almost no problems short of some initial door alignment issues the first month or so, which they fixed by adding a set of door guide blocks that the car originally lacked. It had also been upgraded to a Stage 1 exhaust system for the previous owner, but I actually had them change it back to stock exhaust as I found the Stage 1 a bit too noisy for a daily driver (though we kept the Nology ignition system upgrade intact.) The oil pressure sender hasn't worked properly since day one (it was on the short list of waranteed repairs, but it never got done because I always needed the car back on the road quickly) and the angle drive failed quite recently, but otherwise all's been well.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very cool man! I'd like to see a pic of it (even though it's like your last car).

Quote Originally Posted by googoofan5 View Post
    Hmm, last time I was down there I called to see if you still had the Proto-1 Car and was told by whoever answered the phone that you had sold it.

Looks like I will be stopping by in March to see it in person for the first time. Thanks for the update Tony.
    I purchased Proto 1 in January 2005. I then sold it in August 2007 at the RM auction in Pebble Beach. The buyer was building a large car museum but died before its completion. I bought the car back from his estate in August 2010 and it has been here since. I have spoken to a few serious DeLorean Collectors as to who the next custodian of the car will be. I will make sure there is a buy back agreement in place when the time comes so we will never loose track of the car.

Tony

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3