FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Water Pump Pulley Wobble

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    I had a pulley back off of my Special T Auto pump. I got a bolt on pulley after that and have never looked back.
    Did you get your 2nd WP with the bolt on from Hervey, too? His website isn't really clear when it comes to if he has bolt ons or just pressed on pulleys.

I like his WP kit since it has so much, but I don't know whether to go with his or DMCH's.

My VIN:    1919 & 2207

I did end up sorting mine out. It had started to back off the shaft for some reason.

I used a deep 18mm socket and a long M10 (i think) bolt into the female thread on the shaft to press the pulley back on, and have now had a sleeve made up which is bolted onto the shaft and stops the pulley from backing off. Haven't had a problem since. Will post a picture tonight.

cheers
    Paul Black - Vin 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    I did end up sorting mine out. It had started to back off the shaft for some reason.

I used a deep 18mm socket and a long M10 (i think) bolt into the female thread on the shaft to press the pulley back on, and have now had a sleeve made up which is bolted onto the shaft and stops the pulley from backing off. Haven't had a problem since. Will post a picture tonight.

cheers
    Creative...nice work, Paul. Love to see that picture when you get a chance. I'm not so sure mine has to do with the pulley backing off. I'm going to replace mine since I'm pretty sure it's the original and not have to worry about it anymore.

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Did you get your 2nd WP with the bolt on from Hervey, too? His website isn't really clear when it comes to if he has bolt ons or just pressed on pulleys.

I like his WP kit since it has so much, but I don't know whether to go with his or DMCH's.
    Herey overnighted me a bolt on pulley pump right away. He was very attentive and said that had never happened before. I would never get a press on pully again. The other great thing is if I need a new pump I can reuse the pulley. So I'm thinking ahead.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    Herey overnighted me a bolt on pulley pump right away. He was very attentive and said that had never happened before. I would never get a press on pully again. The other great thing is if I need a new pump I can reuse the pulley. So I'm thinking ahead.
    Good to know. I think I'll go with a bolt on pump from Hervey if you've had good luck with it.

Did you do the install yourself? Is it as much of a pain as it looks like, dealing with getting the intake manifold off and everything?

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Good to know. I think I'll go with a bolt on pump from Hervey if you've had good luck with it.

Did you do the install yourself? Is it as much of a pain as it looks like, dealing with getting the intake manifold off and everything?
    It's actually very simple and easy to do. All you need to do is take your time and remember where everything goes! I chose to not tamper with the y pipe, due to the possibility of that bolt snapping off. It took me a good few hours to do.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2