FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommendations for portable jump starter?

My VIN:    16619

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So odd that you posted this, I just bought one a few hours ago at Orileys auto parts. I have been in the market for one, so when I saw this one on sale for 70.00 I got it. Like you I got it for my business, but will definitely keep it in our Volvo daily driver when we drive to Baltimore next month. It has 1000 peak cca, built in air compressor, 2 12v outlets, and a 6 led work light. Not bad for 70.00.
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2157&ppt=C0005
    Sorry, I can't give you a review as I haven't even charged it up yet. I can tell you it charges with an 110 AC plug lead(included). You can't leave it on charge all the time, 48 hrs max, but according to the manufacturer, it only needs charging every 2 months...assuming you don't use it.
    I have one similar to this, but no air compressor. But it did have a smart charger to it so you could see the percentage on the LED indicator and could leave it plugged in. Made by Diehard. Was a great investment, since my Girlfriend had her 98 VW Beetle Diesel and in Michigan, it worked great to start the bastard in -20 F temps. The Battery was still good, just the vehicle at that age and miles, it would take an extra 15-20 mins to restart the glow plugs and crank. (Didn't have the option to use a block heater).

My VIN:    07190

A whole new world with these

Like others, I was very skeptical as to something the size of my cell phone starting a car, but I am now a believer. I bought one of these a few months back, after seeing a video of a guy starting a car with no battery at all with one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18000mAH-Mul...item3a952c2474

I have personally started two of my cars (one of which is a Big Block Suburban) and one of my motorcycles and my lawn tractor off of it... ALL WITH THE SAME CHARGE!! It also has a multifunction device charger cable that does all the usual suspects, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Android devices, etc.

I was going to buy multiples for my 5 different cars (or most of them), but the size is so small, I just carry the one around with me in my messenger bag all of the time.

My only complaint with this thing is that it can be only charged from its included 15v wall wart charger. I would have loved to have seen a 12v cigarette lighter adapter so I could leave it plugged in while driving to top off the charge.
    1988 4Runner Convertible (Daily Driver)
    1978 Corvette Indy Pace Car
    1987 Buick Grand National
    1981 Delorean DMC-12 (07190)
    2000 Buell X-1
    2008 Buell 1125R
    2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT Platinum (tow vehicle)

My VIN:    03500

Thought I would give this thread an update.
    This is supercapacitor technology. I've had this one for 5 years or so and it works great. I've helped many people with it mostly during winter.
    You don't have to keep them charged just put it in the trunk till you need it. It works with the little charge left in your battery,donor car or USB. If you want a jump pack you don't have to worry if it's changed these are were it's at. Mine is by autowit. And is a 1st gen there is now a second. They are a little spendy but you don't have to worry if you have a charge. For me the one's that have a lot of bells and whistles and need to be kept charged are over rated. And some are just junk.
    I purchased mine from Amazon.

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 03-04-2023 at 04:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2