FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Loose vacuum hoses

My VIN:    6650

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Has anyone ever removed the Roll Over Valve 101402? I was detailing my bonnet area today and removed that valve from under where the fuel fill hose is and it had a small port that sticks thru the firewall. I am assuming there should be a vacuum line attached to it...? where is the other end of it. I need to reattach it but its impossible to see that area from the inside the car since its blocked by the steering column plate.
    Last edited by DniveK; 12-22-2011 at 04:55 PM.

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

mine was capped but the cap was rotten and falling apart. I picked up a rubber cap at the local car parts place. The tube that I capped said "carb bowl"
    (I am replying to post #7, not #11)
    Last edited by John U; 12-22-2011 at 06:56 PM.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DniveK View Post
    Has anyone ever removed the Roll Over Valve 101402? I was detailing my bonnet area today and removed that valve from under where the fuel fill hose is and it had a small port that sticks thru the firewall. I am assuming there should be a vacuum line attached to it...? where is the other end of it. I need to reattach it but its impossible to see that area from the inside the car since its blocked by the steering column plate.
    One end of it goes to the small line on the filler neck, the other end goes to the carbon can at the back of the car. You can see a decent schematic of it here:

http://store.delorean.com/c-275-2-4-...l-systems.aspx

You need to have it there. It is inline with the tank vent, if you cap it off pressure will build up in the tank and bad things will happen. If you bypass it, the issue is that if the car ever turns over fuel will run out the vent hose at the back of the car. If you leave it open fuel will run out the opening (you will also get a gas smell all the time)

Although IMO if you do turn the car over with a full gas tank, fuel will likely leak out the pump boot and sender so you're probably screwed anyway.

In any case - don't just cap off the vent.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    6650

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks for replying Dave, but I should clarify... I unscewed the unit from the firewall and there appears to be a nipple on the backside of it that goes into the firewall of the car and ends up somewhere under the dash near the steering column. I was concerned that it was connected to an unseen vacuum line under there. After further research I dont see an info that it is, so I now wonder why it has this hole in the firewall at all...

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

It's for a carb bowl and should be capped off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2