CarPC1.jpg
    7" touch screen and slot-load optical drive

CarPC2.jpg
    USB Hub in Console

CarPC3.jpg
    Laptop in Docking Station in Rear deck

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Anyone know what ever happened to the development of the double DIN dash?

My VIN:    16419

I am planning on mounting my i pad in the new real wall that I am building. It will be able to slide the i pad in and out of its mount.

Master Fabricator protodelorean's Avatar

My VIN:    02650

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by jfirios View Post
    I am planning on mounting my i pad in the new real wall that I am building. It will be able to slide the i pad in and out of its mount.
    Gonna put the flux capacitor app on it?

Quote Originally Posted by protodelorean View Post
    A few shots of my install:
    CarPC1.jpg
    7" touch screen and slot-load optical drive

CarPC2.jpg
    USB Hub in Console

CarPC3.jpg
    Laptop in Docking Station in Rear deck
    I was about to post here and say that I'm an old-school guy who prefers no high-tech mods. But these pictures are making me change my mind.
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the man! Which makes me the woman -- and I have no interest in that, besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing. -- Homer Simpson The Springfield Connection

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBoy View Post
    I was about to post here and say that I'm an old-school guy who prefers no high-tech mods. But these pictures are making me change my mind.
    let it be said, i am usually more 'conservative' when it comes to mods... but damn, steve has really has made the ProtoDeLorean into a work of art. ive said it before, but i am always impressed by all the talent and hard work required to resurrect 2650:

he posted this video in a thread at some point, but i couldnt find it... maybe it was on the old .com site. at any rate, i wanted to see it again, so there it is.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    16419

It is amazing what he did to his car. Stunning really. I am though stealing a few ideas from him but have to make them my own for the uses i want. The ipad is going to have a full spectrum analyser display going which will have its own power mount and microphone input so it can read the sound from the center of the car. I am doing a similar center console design as his. Where did you get the usb hub? The thing I don't see how to do is when you first made the railings how did you mount them to the body?

My VIN:    15880

Wow...just saw this thread for the first time. What a great job on restoring your DeLorean. I gotta say that this has got to be the nicest modified DeLorean that I have seen (except for my BTTF Time Machine)...But wow. Would love to see this in person.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. When I built 02650, I changed so much, I never expected anyone to like EVERYTHING I did. But if someone likes one aspect and decides to "steal" it or tweak it and make it their own, I consider that a huge compliment. So "steal" away! There are plenty of progress photos on www.projectdelorean.com and you all know I'm happy answer questions at any time.

Also, remember, if you're looking for components for putting "computer stuff" in a car, www.mp3car.com is a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by jfirios View Post
    ...Where did you get the usb hub? The thing I don't see how to do is when you first made the railings how did you mount them to the body?
    Not sure on the USB hub. (I bought it back in 2006.) What I do remember is even though you only see 3 ports on the front, there is a 4th on side. (I have my monitor's touch screen plugged in behind the console.) The only place I could find one that looks the same was on this wholesaler's site: http://www.oneinhundred.com/Wholesal...re--333844.htm

But any small hub will work. One thing to keep in mind is how much power you expect the usb accessory to pull because the pc is limited to how much power it will deliver through the hub. If you need more power, try a 12V powered USB hub like this one: http://store.mp3car.com/DC_Powered_4..._p/adt-015.htm

Not cheap, but it's a nice unit. I've got one myself that I'll be installing this winter.

As for the console, the aluminum frame has transverse pieces of aluminum angle that actually mount over the original studs that come up out of the fiberglass tunnel.

console.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast