Quote Originally Posted by nick sutton View Post
Please remember that without the movie BTTF our profile as a group of enthusiasts would significantly less than that it is today.It’s played a major role in keeping the image of the DeLorean Car alive.
Nick Sutton
Oh I don't deny for a minute the impact of BTTF on the Delorean culture and popularity. My point was that not every Delorean owner/enthusiast centers their love of the car around the movie. I was a fan of the car the moment I saw the prototype in a magazine ad. When I got older, I began reading the history of the car and never really stopped..of course that desire to learn hit turbo boost after I got mine 3 years ago.

For me, it wasn't the movie that got me interested, or kept me interested, It's this history and the era in which it was set that makes the Delorean story so interesting. The movie mearly kept the general puplic's interest peaked and kept the prices higher so it would not be until I was 37 years old that I finally had the scratch to plunk down on a Delorean.....so the movie I could take or leave.