FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The DeLorean Story- The Car, The People, The Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Popp View Post
    Nick,
    I just finished the book, and it was an excellent read. It really adds another piece to the puzzle that is The Delorean Story. I was especially interested in the daily life of working at DMC for you, and other employees. The first hand description of the closure of the factory was saddening, and really shows the impact it had on the community. I also felt like, of all the other books, this one seemed the most down to earth and without bias.

There are so many stories involved in the Delorean saga, and as time progresses we will lose many of them. I'm grateful you were able to recall and capture your experience for us to read in this book. I own vin 01495, and upon finishing I went out to the garage, and looked at my car like I never have before. Instead of a "time machine" or even an automobile, it was instead a accumulation of engineering, parts, and people that came together from around the globe for a single purpose... to "Live the Dream". This, I think, is why the Deloean is unique and will continue to be a desirable car.

I met, and breifly spoke to you at Delorean Car Show 2012, and I'm hopeful you are invited back to Dayton, OH (20 minutes from where I live) so I can get my book signed. I would be highly interested in a presentation about how you put this book together, the people you talked to and more of the memories about your time at DMC.

Thank you again for writing this book, and I hope it encourages other ex-DMC workers to share their experiences

Jeremy
    Jeremy, thank you for your comments and for the book reviews on the Amazon sites in the US and Germany - it means a great deal. Particularly, as Dermot mentioned that I’ll certainly not get rich on the royalties! Yes, I deliberately omitted many references to the BTTF - as I wanted the book to be about the car, the people and the factory. This is not to say of course that Back To The Future didn't play a significant part in keeping the DeLorean in the public eye - it did and still does. It's a magnificent film that I first watched in 2005. For twenty years after its release I refused to acknowledge that the film existed and watched the film in parts through cracks in the door jamb as my children sat and enjoyed it years earlier. Childish yes; understandable - perhaps by a few.

I hope we meet again at some DeLorean event and I'd be happy to sign your book.And if I get the opportunity I'll certainly make a presentation on how the book was researched and compiled and my wife can also submit a list of all the domestic jobs that went undone for four years!

best regards
    Nick

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Nick,
    I find it peculiar that you initially thought our community would dwell on the old
    crappy jokes and "nonsense" as you call it, when you first came to DCS. That's one part I love about the community, it is a safe haven for us to just enjoy the car without being defensive of the many " know-it-alls" that permeate the general public. Of
    course, you have figured that out by now. I have a copy of the book, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for taking a chance and giving our community this unique perspective in DeLorean lore. I'm glad you can enjoy the car and story once more.
    Thank you for your comments - believe me I've heard every permutation of DeLorean jokes going and every time they are said the person that tells the joke believes it’s the first time it's been told.So it was a blessing to talk to people who enjoy the car or its history.
    Thank you for writing your comments on this forum.

regards

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Hear hear. Nick, your perspective on this story was unique and fascinating. I am going to buy another copy of this book for my dad, who was born and raised in the UK (England) auto industry. He moved to Canada in the 60s and was an executive with Chrysler for decades, through all the Iacocca years. I'm sure a lot of this story will hit particularly close to home for him. He has a lot of interesting stories about the PRV lump himself, as it was used in some of the cars Chrysler was importing during that time. He knows it well and was actually surprised to learn it was used in the DeLorean when he first saw mine.

Thanks again for sharing your story and for letting us share your once and future passion. I'm glad that the DCS attendees were able to make a good impression!
    Thank you for your comments - where did your dad work in the UK automotive industry? Also I had not realised that the PRV unit was used in Chysler cars very interesting. Yes the DCS attendees were great and I have loved every single minute of the shows and I have learned a lot - particularly how the cars have lasted (or not) and what parts gave problems. (right angle speedo drive/ inertia switch/ electrical problems - and on and on )

best regards and let me know if you need clarification on anything in the book
    best regards
    Nick

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I finally finished the book. Cracking good read! I will put up a good review on Amazon some time next week.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I finally finished the book. Cracking good read! I will put up a good review on Amazon some time next week.
    Thank you I'm glad you liked it.
    Nick

My VIN:    3004

Club(s):   (DCF)

I finished the book last night. I feel like I read it too fast. I'll most likely read it again. It's nice to have that inside perspective from the factory. Kinda feels like another puzzle piece was added to the story. Thanks for your side of the story Nick.

Johnc

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeli View Post
    I finished the book last night. I feel like I read it too fast. I'll most likely read it again. It's nice to have that inside perspective from the factory. Kinda feels like another puzzle piece was added to the story. Thanks for your side of the story Nick.

Johnc
    After finishing it a couple weeks ago, I feel as if I read it too fast as well. I lent it to my dad today. When I get it back, I'll likely re-read it again this spring/summer.
    Jeff

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Finished it off last night and felt confident contributing another positive review on Amazon. Now I am going to go back and re-read Grand Delusions and Hard Driving with Nick's perspective in my mind and see if it changes how I look at them.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Nick Sutton[/QUOTE]

After you have done that please let me know what you think
    regards
    Nick
    Last edited by nick sutton; 03-27-2013 at 02:31 PM.

I just placed the order for mine from Amazon, can't wait to read it!

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast