FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: The DeLorean Story- The Car, The People, The Scandal

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Nick or others,

Refresh my memory on what cars were designated "cold weather test cars?" Were there two of them and one was an auto and the other a stick? Do we know the VINs?

I met a guy earlier today who mentioned being the owner/custodian of the manual transmission, cold weather test car. He remembered it being VIN 6083. I'd like to put the current owner of this car in touch with him as he offered whoever the owner is the original window sticker that came with the car as he still has it. I couldn't find a name to go with this car on the DoD or elsewhere. Thanks.
    I recall Dave Swingle hearing some recent details about
    one of the cold weather test cars recently (one for sale?),
    so Dave may be able to "chime in" about some details.

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

There were two cold weather test DeLoreans, one automatic (6074) and one manual (6083).

I've located the people who owned the testing company in Canada and one of their employees who worked on the project. Their story will be part of the book I am editing consisting of stories from former DMC/DMCL employees and vendors titled "I Lived the Dream - Stories from the DeLorean Motor Company".
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Are these cars still in circulation James?

(or do we need to buy the book to find out )
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Are these cars still in circulation James?

(or do we need to buy the book to find out )
    Both are still in Canada, at least as far as I've learned from the Ontario DeLorean Owners Club.

James
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    I recall Dave Swingle hearing some recent details about
    one of the cold weather test cars recently (one for sale?),
    so Dave may be able to "chime in" about some details.

As of early this July, VIN..6074 was being put up for sale, located 2 hours Northwest of Toronto.

PM me if you are interested in purchasing this DeLorean and I can forward you additional details.

Note: Sorry for the thread hi-jack, Nick. Back to discussions about The DeLorean Story book.
    Last edited by Rich W; 09-16-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added thread hi-jack note

My VIN:    05141

I finally finished the book.
    I have been reading it almost entirely while waiting in airports or in flight. Lots of it during my US domestic flights.
    Funny to see how many fellow passengers saw the car on the cover and know this car. This book has travelled many many miles and the cover is badly damaged. I should have put a temp cover on it.

Anyway, I always loved the rich history of a car but to follow it from someone who not only saw it all from close by, but also from a management position and from the very beginning to the absolute very end is remarkable.
    This is your perfect and very complete script for making a movie.
    The hard work, emotions, politics, ... wow.

It shows how hard it is to start a company. I must conclude as always that those who start the companies, taking the risks are often the first target for whatever goes wrong. They hardly have any friends but only enemies. This is no to means critiscism to the thought of Nick Sutton, because I applaud that he has written the facts as they were without personal judgement. But when you see what it takes, it makes you think twice to start your own company.
    But I was very happy to read the cocaine was not the lead at the end but a sad part of the history that he had to mention, but did it to the point and short.

Great work Nick, It is a fantastic piece if information, and only increases my respect to those people who have been working so hard to create and build this car. It makes me even more proud to own part of that history, and to help keeping the dream alive. I hope I can get you to sign it for me one day.

Jan

Steering with power

Thank you John for the nice words - always appreciated.

regards

Nick

The DeLorean Story: The car, the people the scandal. http://www.amazon.com/The-DeLorean-S...delorean+story

Quote Originally Posted by nick sutton View Post
    Thank you John for the nice words - always appreciated.

regards

Nick
    Hi Nick...yeah, amazing read...was funny seein my next door neighbour's name in your book (the driver/security) mentioned near the start too. Cant believe there's never been a movie about all this, maybe after this who know's

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by chris brennan View Post
    Hi Nick...yeah, amazing read...was funny seein my next door neighbour's name in your book (the driver/security) mentioned near the start too. Cant believe there's never been a movie about all this, maybe after this who know's
    I'd watch a movie based on Nick's book for sure. A documentary style with Nick's perspective and honesty would be great, but I think it would have fairly limited appeal. To get the play time and big dollars, it would need to over-glamourized for the silver screen and that wouldn't work for me.

I don't need to see John Z having a full on shoot-out with the FBI and DEA while riding a horse down a tarmac into the sunset to catch Cristina Ferrare's plane so he can tell her he loves her one last time before heading back to Dunmurry to bare-knuckle box the entire IRA. And don't forget the lens flares. Brought to you by Pepsi.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    I'd watch a movie based on Nick's book for sure. A documentary style with Nick's perspective and honesty would be great, but I think it would have fairly limited appeal. To get the play time and big dollars, it would need to over-glamourized for the silver screen and that wouldn't work for me.

I don't need to see John Z having a full on shoot-out with the FBI and DEA while riding a horse down a tarmac into the sunset to catch Cristina Ferrare's plane so he can tell her he loves her one last time before heading back to Dunmurry to bare-knuckle box the entire IRA. And don't forget the lens flares. Brought to you by Pepsi.

lol! your right ... they would go over the top on the drama for sure if it ever did happen...Yeah documentary like that would be great ,I watched car crash bbc documentary after reading but found the book way more insightful

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast