FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The DeLorean Story- The Car, The People, The Scandal

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Good job, thank you

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Looking forward to it.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

I have received an offer to publish the book - I'm giving this some thought over the next few days.

My VIN:    Ex vin 6064

Club(s):   (DCH)

Good stuff.
    Keep us posted

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one but I don't fully grasp the significance of the highlighted areas. Obviously Norwich is Lotus HQ, but what were they doing at those three points? Was it a driving route?
    I'm at a bit of a loss on this one too.

The Center item near the junction of the A11 & B1135 appears to be the Lotus Plant.

Left item is the Barnham Broom Country Club.

Right item is the village of Stoke Holy Cross.

The distance between the two isn't exactly the same, with perhaps a mile and a half of difference. If I was a betting man I'd say that this was a map drawn for a visitor who wasn't familiar with the area, and would have been behind the wheel of that car. Specifically it looks like they needed to find their way between Lodging in Stoke Holy Cross, meetings at Group Lotus, and drinks at Barnham Broom Country Club. But that's just my guess...

Flight of the DeLorean

During my research for “Flight of the DeLorean “ I wanted to trace the names and faces of the attendees at the groundbreaking ceremony for the factory that took place on 2nd October 1978. I have managed – with the help of others- to identify most of those present. Just one face to go and I’ve got the complete set.

Canon Padraig Murphy was one person that was invited to the ceremony, he represented the Catholic Church of West Belfast which included the parishes of Twinbrook, Suffolk, Falls, Divis, Andersonstown and Ballymurphy. He is shown on the left of the picture to the rear of John DeLorean.

Unemployment in West Belfast at the time was rife with dire poverty of a kind not usually found in a Western country.

To assist the under privileged, the sick and homeless Mother Teresa (of Calcutta ) based herself in the area with four other Sisters of Mercy her presence didn’t go down well with Canon Murphy so after 18 months she was forced out of the area and onwards to other impoverished areas of the world.
    The headlines in the local Andersonstown News following her despatch was:-
    “ Nuns fired by Canon “ Priceless!

Mother Teresa had the last laugh as she was beatified by the Pope the first step to Sainthood

Photo copyright of Matt SommerATTACH=CONFIG]11356[/ATTACH]padraig murphy dmc ground.jpg
    Last edited by nick sutton; 06-23-2012 at 02:28 PM.

My VIN:    01495

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Interesting bit of information Nick, Thanks. I talked to you at length about the upcoming book at the Delorean Car Show a few weeks ago, sounds very promising. I'm greatful that you are so active in the DMC community, and willing to share so much information.

Jeremy

Flight of the DeLorean

Thank you Jeremy - yes I remember our conversation.I'll keep you and others informed regarding the publication date. I assure you the book will be very different to all other books you have read on the subject of DeLorean Motor Cars.
    Nick Sutton

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Any idea of the release date approximately?
    Thanks

Flight of the DeLorean

Hi Domi,

The publisher reckons January 2013 - which will be 30 years after I left the factory for the last time.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast