FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 178 of 188 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    I don't understand why you guys take this stuff so seriously. People are only trying to start a conversation with you and don't realize how dumb their opening line is. This is akin to trying to start a conversation with a pretty girl who's heard the same line before and is tired of it. If you can get past the initial bad start you will find most people are genuinely curious about the car and just want to see it up close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Playing devil's advocate and considering you are the official Grammar Nazi on "the other site", I'd have to agree with your wife. "You", by definition, can be used to refer to any person in general. And seeing your own D many times in your garage obviously isn't the same as seeing many Ds around... So I would consider it as a compliment, admiring its rarity.
    Without being there to hear how things are said, one never knows.

I totally agree and I'm always trying harder to be nice. I thought I was being funny when I responded that way (and was very nice to the guy IIRC,) but it was one of those things where it sounded funny inside my head....but not as funny when I let it out -lol!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Just today I had a kid who just got through with cancer treatment approach me and started gushing over the car. He was pretty knowledgeable and even had a DeLorean brochure that he kept on him. He then stated it had a 2.58 PRV and that's when I remembered Rich's no nonsense approach and I unloaded on his azz. "HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING SO STUPID! GO, GET OUTTA HERE AND TAKE YOUR IV STAND WITH YOU!" His mom was sobbing (probably because she was so embarrassed over her son's idiotic statement) and I retreated to my car for a final Richesque move, I smashed his teddy bear under my tire as I left....confident that I had indeed properly educated yet another fan.

Thanks Rich, your experience has given us all a shining example of ambassadorship!
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Just today I had a kid who just got through with cancer treatment approach me and started gushing over the car. He was pretty knowledgeable and even had a DeLorean brochure that he kept on him. He then stated it had a 2.58 PRV and that's when I remembered Rich's no nonsense approach and I unloaded on his azz. "HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING SO STUPID! GO, GET OUTTA HERE AND TAKE YOUR IV STAND WITH YOU!" His mom was sobbing (probably because she was so embarrassed over her son's idiotic statement) and I retreated to my car for a final Richesque move, I smashed his teddy bear under my tire as I left....confident that I had indeed properly educated yet another fan.

Thanks Rich, your experience has given us all a shining example of ambassadorship!
    LMAO You bastard -lol! I'm very nice to people! I challenge anyone here to claim they never said something that missed the mark.

Now my feelings are hurt and I feel victimized...and you're mean! *sniff*

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    I don't understand why you guys take this stuff so seriously. People are only trying to start a conversation with you and don't realize how dumb their opening line is. This is akin to trying to start a conversation with a pretty girl who's heard the same line before and is tired of it. If you can get past the initial bad start you will find most people are genuinely curious about the car and just want to see it up close.
    Taking it so seriously? Nah, not at all. Anything on this thread is mostly just the equivalent of co-workers in the lunchroom on break talking about dumb stuff at their jobs. We all get that it's just people breaking the ice and saying hello in their own way. Like the pretty girl analogy you made and having heard the same line a million times. All the correction-Nazi stuff got born via the Internet and usually stays there. I don't do the crossover from Internet to the real world on things like that. There's no point.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10201

This one was dumb but I liked it. Contractor at work told me he had seen a delorean with the ass end burnt out and I immediately thought "oh here we go" and he followed with "when they looked at it they found out he set the time machine to 2020"

Not a stupid comment but it was the first time I have heard this.

Guy in his 30's to 40's asked what kind of car it was. I told him and he said "Never heard of it".

He might have been trying to troll but he was nice, said he thought it looked cool. If he was messing with me, I didn't give him any satisfaction. I said thanks and never broke my stride. Rich is rubbing off on me I guess.

My VIN:    10907

Maybe this should be in the positive stories thread because it was more hilarious than obnoxious but I had a guy come up to me in my driveway and offer to trade me one of these for my car: maxresdefault.jpg

He actually seemed like a pretty nice dude and he was older and knew one of my coworkers so he might have been legit but it was the first time that's happened. I didn't take him up on his offer

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    LMAO You bastard -lol! I'm very nice to people! I challenge anyone here to claim they never said something that missed the mark.

Now my feelings are hurt and I feel victimized...and you're mean! *sniff*
    Last year, yo!

0614201205.jpg
    0614201205a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Not a stupid comment but it was the first time I have heard this.

Guy in his 30's to 40's asked what kind of car it was. I told him and he said "Never heard of it".

He might have been trying to troll but he was nice, said he thought it looked cool. If he was messing with me, I didn't give him any satisfaction. I said thanks and never broke my stride. Rich is rubbing off on me I guess.
    -I'm glad you're working on being nicer, mister!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Nice bro! I really wish I had made a photo journal of all the people I have let sit my car. It's too late to start now as that number would always be 100+ less than what it should be.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Random guy at a gas station asked, "What's the difference between JZD's DeLorean and a regular DeLorean? John's DeLorean weighs one kilo more." I chuckled.

Page 178 of 188 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast