FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 166 of 188 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hard to believe the guy behind the counter at the local parts store is ignorant about DeLoreans. I always meet ignorance with what matters
    OK then smart guy, How much does it weigh?
    After he answers tell him, for every pound you are over you owe me a buck, for every pound you are under I owe you a buck. Still confident enough about your DeLorean knowledge to put your money on the line?
    Best response so far! I always just say “well, being it’s fiberglass and just stainless skins, I don’t see how that can make it so heavy, as 4 guys can lift the body off the chassis.”

[QUOTE=citizen;227165]“No, no cocaine, and no, DeLorean never went to jail”.

..[\QUOTE]

Actually, he was convicted in 1982, and acquitted in 1984. So was he in jail during that time, or just on probation?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

[QUOTE=Timebender;227235]
    Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    No, no cocaine, and no, DeLorean never went to jail”.

..[\QUOTE]

Actually, he was convicted in 1982, and acquitted in 1984. So was he in jail during that time, or just on probation?
    When JZD was arrested he spent 7 days (some sources quote 10 days) in jail while he raised bail which I believe was 5 mil.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Without even looking: he was arrested, the FBI did their perp walk, and after a matter of days before his initial appearance, preliminary hearing or whatever, he had a bond determination and was released with conditions. All the while he was held at a local jail or detention center....the reason being that a defendant needs to be relatively close to the courthouse for appearances. If convicted and sentenced, that's your PMITA prison time. Except he was, you know, not convicted of the drug junk and did not go to prison.

My VIN:    10907

Then the other day I’m out in the garage and my neighbor comes over to talk about something else, but we get on the subject of DeLoreans. He then says “found any cocaine in it yet?" And “you know he went to jail for that”. To which I was caught by surprise and so answered strait-laced with “No, no cocaine, and no, DeLorean never went to jail”. Then he says they call this a “snow sled”.
    Forever boggled by people who think it's funny/cool to shit-talk something somebody else obviously likes.

I've recounted this incident in my other thread but it probably deserves to be enshrined here, too. I was filling up in St. George and this guy (wearing a black t-shirt and sport jacket when it was 90F outside) walks up to me and says, in a tone that suggests he's imparting some amazingly hilarious information that I'd never heard before, "Hey, funny story about that car, when the company got in trouble the guy who owned it started selling drugs!"

Seriously the closest I've ever come to going off on somebody. I just gave him the "talk to the hand" snapped, "No, he didn't."

Guy: "Well, that was the rumor."

Me: "The bust actually happened, but it was the FBI's deal and the FBI's coke. He was acquitted on all charges."

He walked away muttering something. I feel like I showed remarkable restraint in not telling him to get his bitch ass back on the Greyhound. Memo to douchebags of the world: if you're going to act like you know more about a car than somebody who's actually driving that car, at least get your facts straight...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

If I ever see a owner in the wild it's going to be hard for me to not play the fool and be every guy in this thread rolled up into one.

Hey you know the guy that made those aluminium cars went to jail for hiding coke? Yeah those cars wouldn't get to 85mph even thpugh they had a 351 Cleveland because they were so heavy. My neighbors' friend used to work at the DeLorean plant in Michigan and said they are making them brand new now but yours is probably one of those kit cars though isn't it? Is he still in jail?

My VIN:    4519

If I ever see a owner in the wild it's going to be hard for me to not play the fool and be every guy in this thread rolled up into one.

Hey you know the guy that made those aluminium cars went to jail for hiding coke? Yeah those cars wouldn't get to 85mph even thpugh they had a 351 Cleveland because they were so heavy. My neighbors' friend used to work at the DeLorean plant in Michigan and said they are making them brand new now but yours is probably one of those kit cars though isn't it? Is he still in jail?
    [QUOTE=Timebender;227235]
    No, no cocaine, and no, DeLorean never went to jail”.

LMAO....you should totally do that & record it -hahaha!

When I first approached Jimmy's car at the Clayton car show, he was busy talking to spectators and I walked up to the nearest person, pointed at his car, and over-excitedly said: "hey!....that's the car the movie was in!"

..[\QUOTE]

Can a person be acquitted after being convicted???

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

🤣

Well done, Michael
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Nice!! Have to remember that for next time...

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by NJP548 View Post
    Fiberglass can be fixed. Chris Nicholson said he's seen worse and that this is repairable. The car is very easy to take apart and repair. This one is salvageable. Only question is if anyone is willing to do/pay for it.

-Nick
    Well, here's their chance to save it. This is the one that was referenced. Looks like the insurer is selling it:
    https://www.copart.com/lot/43413727/...orean_11142017
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Page 166 of 188 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast