FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 142 of 188 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    4115

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    My favorite to date is, from a rather stoned woman no less, "you know they shipped all these with the tires loaded with cocaine."
    My brother bought 4115 from someone in California. This was something like 15 years ago. The vanity plates on the car when he bought it were "WYTLYNZ".

Flash forward to the present. I had originally thought it would be clever/funny to see about getting that same plate when I register the car in MN. However, the more I learn about the car, the history, and the community of owners, the more I realize that it's not as clever/funny as I thought.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    My brother bought 4115 from someone in California. This was something like 15 years ago. The vanity plates on the car when he bought it were "WYTLYNZ".

Flash forward to the present. I had originally thought it would be clever/funny to see about getting that same plate when I register the car in MN. However, the more I learn about the car, the history, and the community of owners, the more I realize that it's not as clever/funny as I thought.
    It's your car and your plates so you should do what your like.

Would I? No. Perpetuating such a damaging inaccuracy doesn't do the car or the community any favours. When I read what the DEA threatened to do to JZD's daughter if he backed out of the "deal" it made me sick.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post

Would I? No. Perpetuating such a damaging inaccuracy doesn't do the car or the community any favours. When I read what the DEA threatened to do to JZD's daughter if he backed out of the "deal" it made me sick.
    It's reassuring to see how the community's attitude has changed about this over the years. I remember when I first spoke out how I thought it was in rather poor taste that D1 integrated a "coke stripe" into their company's logo design, I got allot of flack from people telling me that I was too uptight about it. I never thought it was right for a vendor to play into that inaccuracy for a cheap joke, and I still do not.

Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

trailer

Wonder where that trailer is now?

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post

Right on man.

Actually my plate start with THC.

My VIN:    10201

Coworker at my new job was saying that because was car got painted it went from a $20k-$30k car down to a $7k car. I told him that DMCMW inspected it and said that I slightly overpaid for a painted car at $21.5k but he still thought I got ripped off. He also said it couldnt be regrained as a result. Don't know why it bugged me so much, but being on this forum and seeing BHCC painted cars sell around $20k, I have a decent idea what my car's value is.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Coworker at my new job was saying that because was car got painted it went from a $20k-$30k car down to a $7k car. I told him that DMCMW inspected it and said that I slightly overpaid for a painted car at $21.5k but he still thought I got ripped off. He also said it couldnt be regrained as a result. Don't know why it bugged me so much, but being on this forum and seeing BHCC painted cars sell around $20k, I have a decent idea what my car's value is.
    My car is not painted but thats beside the point. When non-owners engage me in a DeLorean value discussion, particularly about what I paid for my car, I usually ignore or dismiss and don't give them any info or satisfaction. The only exception being if a non-owner is thinking about becoming an owner, in which case I point to current market trends and stay vague. I think it is incredibly rude to do what your coworker did and unfortunately, it happens more often than you would think.
    Jeff

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    My car is not painted but thats beside the point. When non-owners engage me in a DeLorean value discussion, particularly about what I paid for my car, I usually ignore or dismiss and don't give them any info or satisfaction. The only exception being if a non-owner is thinking about becoming an owner, in which case I point to current market trends and stay vague. I think it is incredibly rude to do what your coworker did and unfortunately, it happens more often than you would think.
    Next to Flux Capacitor and coke jokes, what I paid is asked very often. I always give an answer, but it's very vague. Even my closest friends don't know what I actually paid.

I agree that it's inappropriate to ask, but I understand people's curiosity. As long as they accept my vague answer graciously I don't particularly mind. So far everyone has.

I did have an interesting comment from a co-worker yesterday... I'd mentioned I'd spent more last year than I'd hoped to when I got serious in 2013 (BTTF 30th and future day last year, of course). He asked if that meant around $20k. I said I wished.

My VIN:    2347

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Next to Flux Capacitor and coke jokes, what I paid is asked very often. I always give an answer, but it's very vague. Even my closest friends don't know what I actually paid.

I agree that it's inappropriate to ask, but I understand people's curiosity. As long as they accept my vague answer graciously I don't particularly mind. So far everyone has.

I did have an interesting comment from a co-worker yesterday... I'd mentioned I'd spent more last year than I'd hoped to when I got serious in 2013 (BTTF 30th and future day last year, of course). He asked if that meant around $20k. I said I wished.
    I get this a lot as well. I usually tell them what they are going for currently, if they wanted to buy one.
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

My VIN:    10201

It's weird cause I mostly know social etiquette because it's been told to me. so I usually answer those questions because it doesn't bother me. However, I do find it rather odd how often people ask how much I paid for it or what my salary is.

I realized that this was the first time I tried to correct misinformation but they wouldn't believe me.

Page 142 of 188 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 ... LastLast