FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 164 of 188 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Just wait for the DeLorean destruction vulture to post...should be any minute now. He sleeps in on Mondays Tuesdays, Wedensdays, ...any day ending with a "day"
    I just saw it in my newsfeed. Sounds like it was a bad crash and the car held up well. It looks repairable, but they're saying it's totaled. Not as many BTTF jokes in the comments, but one would be too many in this case.

-Nick

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by NJP548 View Post
    Who's car got wrecked?

-Nick
    It was a friend of mine. He and his wife are ok (for specific values of "ok") but it was a pretty horrific crash (multi-car collision at freeway speeds) and it was kind of miraculous that they're both still alive.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Yeah that car is totalled and not repairable. From the one picture, main hit is front left, hood, fascia, and Lff are gone, just ripped off. Under body was destroyed too. Draw a line from front of RF fender to the top of the LF wheel, there is nothing but the wrinkled radiators.

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Yeah that car is totalled and not repairable. From the one picture, main hit is front left, hood, fascia, and Lff are gone, just ripped off. Under body was destroyed too. Draw a line from front of RF fender to the top of the LF wheel, there is nothing but the wrinkled radiators.
    Fiberglass can be fixed. Chris Nicholson said he's seen worse and that this is repairable. The car is very easy to take apart and repair. This one is salvageable. Only question is if anyone is willing to do/pay for it.

-Nick

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

crash pics.....?

Can someone post pictures of the crash? I've wondered if
    anyone has been killed in a DeLorean?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I think it would be extremely bad taste to post them especially with both occupants still in the car and appearing traumatized.
    I don't know who took the pictures. Maybe a friend documenting the scene, but if it was just someone who happened across the scene looking for a bump in his social media profile then that is some special kind of douchebag.
    Last edited by Michael; 08-06-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

sorry....

I guess I was more interested in the car damage....

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I think it would be extremely bad taste to post them especially with both occupants still in the car and appearing traumatized.
    I don't know who took the pictures. Maybe a friend documenting the scene, but if it was just someone who happened across the scene looking for a bump in his social media profile then that is some special kind of douchebag.
    The other car that was with us didn't make it back until after the ambulance had left and I was several miles up the road and had called my friend to see if they were ok but didn't know how bad it really was until later that night, so... yeah...

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Can someone post pictures of the crash?
    There are pictures floating around on Facebook as people share them. Pretty gnarly accident. Driver posted that he was on the highway when traffic slowed. The DeLorean was then rammed at full speed from behind by an ambulance that didn't even slow down. From what I understand then, the car was pushed across the median into oncoming traffic where it collided with a Jeep coming the opposite way. Driver and I believe a passenger survived and are recovering. Beyond that though, I wouldn't post pictures without first censoring the faces as you can see the shock in both, and I just don't feel comfortable sharing those pics without consent, even though the driver has them on their own Facebook page. If they wish to share here, it's their decision.

Otherwise, you can see where the car transferred all of the energy from the crash around the passenger compartment. The integrated foam beams inside of the front is visible from where it was ripped away after the secondary collision. They certainly did their job. The original DOT crash tests verified that passengers would be exempt from major injury because of the cavernous size of the cockpit. The lack of more severe injuries here is proof of that.

Is this car repairable? Damn, that's a tough one. It has major collision damage in both the front AND rear sections. Both chassis & underbody damage at both ends. So it's a little bit more than welding in new crumple tubes, or grafting in some new pontoons. The smashed windshield definitely indicates some major body flexing. So it's unknown what is now out of alignment. You'd have to check all the body mounts for cracking on both sides. Certainly it still has lots of good parts. But at what point are you repairing a car, or simply building a brand-new one with the leftover parts from the wrecked one?

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    I've wondered if anyone has been killed in a DeLorean?
    Valid question. Off hand I myself am only aware of two deaths involving a DMC-12. The first was a person working on a car who did NOT use proper jack stands to secure the vehicle. As a result it fell and crushed them to death.

The other death was a head-on collision with a full sized pickup truck. If I recall correctly, the circumstances there were that the driver was NOT wearing a seatbelt and hit the glass. I'm a bit hazy on all the details because I only saw them once, along with the gory pictures someone took of the car in the impound yard, and all was quickly retracted from the DML not long after. Which there is a good reason for that.

I've no doubt that the original poster meant no ill will, but the name of the deceased owner was also published. A little over a week later, someone else posted on the DML that they were at a gas station filling up when some stranger approached them to complement them on their car. Then made mention that a buddy of theirs owned one as well a few towns over. The DML'er asked if his friend's name was such and such. The guy confirmed it was, and asked if he knew him. At which point he had to tell the guy no, he didn't know him, but that his friend was killed the week before in a major wreck with the car. Guy was just caught off guard, and in a panicked voice said that he had to make some calls before he jumped into his car and took off. Kinda eerie, but also rather sad, and probably not the best way to spread such a notification.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

So upon exiting a fine dining establishment today (the American version of Mexican) there was this newer mini van with 4 guys sitting inside eating their lunch. Windows down & rear sliding doors open. Nicely dressed. Not suits but very business casual in a button up & khaki kind of way. As expected, one asks if the flux capacitor is working, to which I reply with the usual 'I don't have one. I just get pulled over if I go 88mph' blah blah blah. But the younger guy in the back . . .

"How much booty have you gotten with that?"

I just smirk and gesture with one hand using my thumb while tapping on my wedding band.

"FOUR!?" he replies surprised!

"I'm married. I get all the booty I want."

The older guys started to laugh and point at the younger booty obsessed dude.

Granted, it might just be every straight male's dream, to land a chick due to your pimp'n ride, but seriously! IMHO regardless of gender, I don't care if you stick it or lick it, if you have sex with someone solely based on the vehicle they drive - your stupid! And with that, I just upset every straight male who is either single or doesn't take wedding vows seriously.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

Page 164 of 188 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 ... LastLast