Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
I don't understand why you guys take this stuff so seriously. People are only trying to start a conversation with you and don't realize how dumb their opening line is. This is akin to trying to start a conversation with a pretty girl who's heard the same line before and is tired of it. If you can get past the initial bad start you will find most people are genuinely curious about the car and just want to see it up close.
Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Playing devil's advocate and considering you are the official Grammar Nazi on "the other site", I'd have to agree with your wife. "You", by definition, can be used to refer to any person in general. And seeing your own D many times in your garage obviously isn't the same as seeing many Ds around... So I would consider it as a compliment, admiring its rarity.
Without being there to hear how things are said, one never knows.

I totally agree and I'm always trying harder to be nice. I thought I was being funny when I responded that way (and was very nice to the guy IIRC,) but it was one of those things where it sounded funny inside my head....but not as funny when I let it out -lol!