FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 177 of 188 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    At a car show last week, some know-it-all started telling me how the floorboards were made of wood, among plenty of other really stupid comments, and when I politely corrected him, specifying the rear wall and parcel shelf only were wood, that the floorboards were in fact the GRP of the body, he was adamant that I was wrong, and he’d owned several. I finally had enough and fairly directly said “are you sure they were deloreans?” “Yes!” “Ok dude, whatever” and turned away.
    About 5 min later a really original jokester commented to his family about the car sniffing up the white lines on the road and then looked at me expecting a laugh; I just smirked.
    I’ve only encountered stupid comments at car shows, never in the wild.
    Amazes me to this day that people are so uninformed.... but so uninformed they'll willing to look like idiots in public.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    Amazes me to this day that people are so uninformed.... but so uninformed they'll willing to look like idiots in public.
    Certain generation......
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Certain generation......
    It's universal lol

I'd have lifted the carpets with that guy mentioning the floorboards

My VIN:    3937

"You don't see many of these around!"

Is this the dumbest comment someone can say to a DeLorean owner? I mean, if you say it to your friend or kid as you walk by, sure, I get it. But when you say it to the owner while he's washing the car in his own driveway, it makes no sense. In fact, the owner is about the only person this for sure doesn't apply to.

YOU don't see many of these around, ok, but I see one every time I go out to the garage. I think this is when I pretend I have my earbuds on and can't hear him over the music, lol.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Is this the dumbest comment someone can say to a DeLorean owner? I mean, if you say it to your friend or kid as you walk by, sure, I get it. But when you say it to the owner while he's washing the car in his own driveway, it makes no sense. In fact, the owner is about the only person this for sure doesn't apply to.

YOU don't see many of these around, ok, but I see one every time I go out to the garage. I think this is when I pretend I have my earbuds on and can't hear him over the music, lol.
    I once responded to that comment with: "I see one everyday." My wife said I sounded like a douche, so now I try harder to be nice. It's not always easy, but it helps me when I think of how I would've acted if I had ever seen a DeLorean & owner in the wild (prior to buying one.)

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I once responded to that comment with: "I see one everyday." My wife said I sounded like a douche, so now I try harder to be nice. It's not always easy, but it helps me when I think of how I would've acted if I had ever seen a DeLorean & owner in the wild (prior to buying one.)
    Haha, nice. Exactly my thoughts too. I don't have a reply to that one that doesn't sound douchey or condescending. When those ones in particular come, I kinda hope/wait for another comment and then go from there. This guy yesterday said it as he and another guy rode by on their bikes, so luckily a smile was all that was needed.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Playing devil's advocate and considering you are the official Grammar Nazi on "the other site", I'd have to agree with your wife. "You", by definition, can be used to refer to any person in general. And seeing your own D many times in your garage obviously isn't the same as seeing many Ds around... So I would consider it as a compliment, admiring its rarity.
    Without being there to hear how things are said, one never knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Technically, he has a point. YOU might see ONE every day, but generally speaking you (people in general) don’t see MANY of them around.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I don't understand why you guys take this stuff so seriously. People are only trying to start a conversation with you and don't realize how dumb their opening line is. This is akin to trying to start a conversation with a pretty girl who's heard the same line before and is tired of it. If you can get past the initial bad start you will find most people are genuinely curious about the car and just want to see it up close.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    I don't understand why you guys take this stuff so seriously. People are only trying to start a conversation with you and don't realize how dumb their opening line is. This is akin to trying to start a conversation with a pretty girl who's heard the same line before and is tired of it. If you can get past the initial bad start you will find most people are genuinely curious about the car and just want to see it up close.
    I agree 100%. The vast majority of my interactions have been positive despite how some of them begin. If they are nice I also let them sit in the car for a picture.

Now get out there and spread some happiness, damn it!

Page 177 of 188 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast