FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 120 of 188 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I applaud those of you who take your DeLoreans to car shows. It's like a public service. I took my car to a show once, and I'll never do it again. Uncouth morons seem to make up a surprisingly large segment of the general population, but once that pool is reduced to people who attend car shows, the ratio swells to an intolerable proportion for me.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I applaud those of you who take your DeLoreans to car shows. It's like a public service. I took my car to a show once, and I'll never do it again. Uncouth morons seem to make up a surprisingly large segment of the general population, but once that pool is reduced to people who attend car shows, the ratio swells to an intolerable proportion for me.
    Well, that depends. The mentioned ABFM is a great show and people respect the cars and work that owners put into it. I cannot expect that everybody knows all details about our cars, so the good old Bricklin mixup or Aluminium/SS mixup is fine and people are nice once you correct them. But they pay for entrance. The demographic totally shifted in Whistler, where this is an open event.

Just before we left and when I was packing up I had a group of teenagers from the "I am the center of attention and can do what I want and think is cool" generation, who jumped while I was putting stuff into the trunk, with his backpack onto the driver seat. He even let me repeat my "Could you get immediately out of the car?" before he moved his a$$ (yes, I tried to stay polite and not curse...maybe I should have). I had prepared the PVC bars for the door but I had given my three sets to my DeLorean colleagues (did not expect 4 DeLoreans in total at the ABFM).

So next time I will have a set of those for my car as well and I will curse the hell out of any teenager trying to jump into my car. I was just too baffled about anybody doing it in front of me.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I entered my D in local furniture companies car show Thanksgiving 2012. Only 12 cars ended up there.
    It was dominated by 60's and 70's Ford and Chevy Muscle Cars.
    I had a nice time but, swore I'd never do one again.

I did hear about a show coming up at the local Hooters on May 30.
    I'm planning on making it my last one...

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

carshow

George, a car show at Hooters? Who is going to be looking at the cars? Just a thought.
    Andy B

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by andy blackmon View Post
    George, a car show at Hooters? Who is going to be looking at the cars? Just a thought.
    Andy B
    Andy, How's it going?! I've never been to a Hooters so I'll take my chances...
    Here's a link for anybody that can make it to Tuscaloosa for the show.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    Only 12 cars ended up there. It was dominated by 60's and 70's Ford and Chevy Muscle Cars.

That's strange, I wouldn't expect that in Alabama.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    As i was washing it the other day, my neighbour (who I don't know) drives by and says "Isn't that a piece of shit?"

Response:

"Your mother likes it."

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Wow, the rage. No kidding.

Bill Burr did an excellent job explaining why that sort of thing happens:

I have those same "behaviour bars" as I like to call them. And lots of signs. They don't work some of the time. We all have seen the joking signs like "don't touch unless you're naked, zippers and buttons scratch" or some other cartoon making fun of the situation. The good humoured ones don't always work and yet if you put DON'T TOUCH in big, plain lettering, you'll get that putz that just eff's with your car BECAUSE the sign says not to.

I might give this sign a go next car show. It's on the fun side and we'll see if they get it.

Attachment 34563
    Very good !

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Uncouth morons seem to make up a surprisingly large segment of the general population, but once that pool is reduced to people who attend car shows, the ratio swells to an intolerable proportion for me.
    I don't go to car shows, but based on others' experiences [I've read,] I'd say this sums it up well.

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

guess im one of the lucky ones. I try to take mine to the local Cars & Coffee meetups as often as I can. never had a problem with people randomly sitting in the car. the occasional person will ask to sit in it and i usually let them since they usually ask after talking to me for a while about it.

the BTTF comments haven't gotten old just yet (but probably since im a fan i don't mind them). the cocaine comments or general wrong info (aluminum, heavy, etc etc,) are starting to wear admittedly. my biggest gripe are the occasional few people that feel the need to run their fingers along the edges of the car to feel the brushed steel. nothing a quick detail with SS spray and a quick wipe doesn't fix once i get home but (so far) that's been the worst of it.

Page 120 of 188 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 ... LastLast