FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 170 of 188 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    6214

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    That's good. Kinda Bill Burr-esque. No time for something witty and clever with that kinda guy. Much better just getting to the point.

The bad mouthing always goes up, doesn't it? Like it's always a guy driving some beater POS that finds fault in your car. Never a guy driving some million dollar supercar that comes around to tell you how shitty or underpowered your car is. To me it's like that scene in Saving Private Ryan where Tom Hanks' character explains how gripes always go up, never down. Complain to your superiors, not the guys under your command.

My fear though of letting any of these dirtballs hear exactly what I think of them and their comments is that it is not very hard to track down a DeLorean owner. Zero privacy with these cars nowadays once you add in the social media factor. Just type into Google the city or town name and "DeLorean" and your name and photo comes up in the first few images. I don't need one of these knuckleheads coming back around to do something stupid. 'Cause Googling "rusty beige Corolla" isn't going to let me find him in return.
    Exactly, I just wanted to say my piece and get outta there. No sense in trying to argue or correct him about the car, it's not worth it with morons like that.

Yep, it's always the people who drive crap cars that want to criticize yours. Probably because deep down they're jealous and their way of dealing with it is to degrade what you have.

I've had that same thought to, which is why I didn't let it turn into a bigger deal than it was. I could've gotten out of the car and confronted him or said something else, but inflaming the situation like that probably wouldn't have ended well.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Not so much a stupid comment but a bizarre interaction.

I was working on my car in my drive way and a guy drove up and asked if he could take a look. I said sure, and he was polite and friendly and all that. But then he proceeded to tell me that he'd just moved in down the street and pointed towards a house. I said "cool, guess I'll see you around." He said the same and left, but when he left he did not go to "his" house. He took off in another direction, and I have not seen him or his car since then, and it's been a week. I'm 99% positive he does not live in my neighborhood. And I'm not even sure why someone would randomly lie about that, especially since I didn't ask him.

My VIN:    5186

I had a fellow come up to me at a car show today and explained how the Delorean was created by “dumbing down” a Bricklin. This guy even said he had worked on one before and said the Delorean was so heavy because of the stainless steel panels. He even said the Delorean used the same frame.
    When I calmed down and explained things to him, he quietly slipped away.

My VIN:    3028

That guy needs a brain transplant.
    Barry

My VIN:    3294

Talking

I had a fellow come up to me at a car show today and explained how the Delorean was created by “dumbing down” a Bricklin. This guy even said he had worked on one before and said the Delorean was so heavy because of the stainless steel panels. He even said the Delorean used the same frame.
    Sounds like the guy I encountered Wednesday night at the car wash. I was finished washing my car, so I was out by the vacuums drying it off and this guy in a Dodge Viper pulls up then gets out of his car and told me about his "86' Delorean"... and that was the year they offered them with the optional Nissan engine from the 300ZX turbos. He said he was going to get the 1985 model, but heard that Delorean was coming out with the Z engine and he decided to wait.

I wanted to say something SO badly, but I just kept wiping off my car hoping he would leave. He started walking around my car and poked his head in the drivers door and saw my 9mm in its holster between the seat and the console. He said, "Why do you pack driving something like this?" I just said, "You always meet some crazy people at the car wash who try to BS their car stories." He promptly walked away...
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Sounds like the guy I encountered Wednesday night at the car wash. I was finished washing my car, so I was out by the vacuums drying it off and this guy in a Dodge Viper pulls up then gets out of his car and told me about his "86' Delorean"... and that was the year they offered them with the optional Nissan engine from the 300ZX turbos. He said he was going to get the 1985 model, but heard that Delorean was coming out with the Z engine and he decided to wait.

I wanted to say something SO badly, but I just kept wiping off my car hoping he would leave. He started walking around my car and poked his head in the drivers door and saw my 9mm in its holster between the seat and the console. He said, "Why do you pack driving something like this?" I just said, "You always meet some crazy people at the car wash who try to BS their car stories." He promptly walked away...
    Great comeback 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

i just said, "you always meet some crazy people at the car wash who try to bs their car stories." he promptly walked away...
    Perfect!!!

You win the internet for the month!

My VIN:    4519

Completely awesome.

My VIN:    2805

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Filled up my car for the first time this season after getting it out from winter storage. Guy leaving the gas station asked about my plate then said

Guy: "Does it follow the white line?"

Me: "What?"

Guy: "Does it follow the white line?" (while rubbing the side of his nose)

Me: "No"

Guy: "Oh ok, you know why the company went down right?"

Me: "Yeah"

Guy: "Ok" (laughing as he drove off)

I didn't want to indulge him by saying any more.

My VIN:    3799

I've only put about 800 miles on my DeLorean so far and I've already collected quite a few silly comments. One pattern I've noticed with people is there's always a BTTF reference followed by a "fact" about the car that isn't even true. After every BTTF joke they always look at me with a dumb grin like I've never heard that before and that I'm gonna think it's hilarious. I try to be a good sport and give them a little chuckle.

Here are some that I've heard lately:

-"It's a Delaaarean!"

-Talking to a buddy next to the car when a group of teenage boys walk by: "It's a Back to the Future Car! It's a Dolores!"

-An old work colleague walks up when I'm filling up with gas: "Wow, look at that thing! Isn't that one of those E.T. cars?"

-A fast food employee basically walked off the job so he could run across the street and take pictures of my car:
    Him: "Is it pretty quick?"
    Me: "It's nothing to brag about, but it isn't terrible."
    Him: "Yeah, these things actually have a ton of horsepower, but the stainless steel is so heavy that it slows them down."
    Me: "Uh, okay."

-The "It's a Delaaarean!" guy, who was driving a pickup that looked like it should've met the salvage yard 2 years ago, complete with his toothless wife/girlfriend with meth sores on her face:
    Him: "What's something like that worth?"
    Me: "You can get a pretty nice one for around $30,000."
    Him: "Man, I had a chance to buy one 10 years ago for $15,000. It only had 20,000 miles on it. Guess I should've went for it."

Yeah, cool story, bro.

Page 170 of 188 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 ... LastLast