Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160
Results 1,591 to 1,599 of 1599

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

  1. #1591
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Yorkshire UK

    Posts:    25

    My VIN:    No. 4068

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I once saw him adjust the mixture by ear...who da fak does that?
    I do!

    Only as a "last resort" if the main and control fuel pressures are correct, fuel injectors are known to be good and if the oxygen sensor is not switching requiring diaconnection so not giving the lambda computer the correct info to give frequency valve dwell feedback, and only if I don't have an exhaust gas analyser on de-cat cars.....

    Temporary measure though until the irelevant tems are fixed.

    NickT
    I must be mad, I love fixing K-Jet !

  2. #1592
    Member DKDMC's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2016

    Location:  Walnut Creek, CA

    Posts:    67

    My VIN:    00860

    300 hp rotary engine lol

    I had a guy pull up to me at the grocery store one night. He was probably around 40. Talked about how he bought the Ferrari 308 model same as the one from Magnum PI (I doubt it after his next comment) "love the delorean man. That thing is bad ass with the all stainless steel construction and a 300 hp rotary engine. Those are hard to drive!" Ha! Anyone with this level of incorrect information delivered with such conviction does not have a Ferrari. Nor does he know anything about cars. I didn't correct him because he was so excited. I just said. "Yeah man thanks it's bad ass".

  3. #1593
    Senior Member Jimmyvonviggle's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Calgary

    Posts:    895

    My VIN:    3028

    I don't believe there was any one year 308 used on the Magnum P.I. Series. I think they used multiple years.
    Barry

  4. #1594
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2013

    Location:  New York, NY

    Posts:    257

    I was at the Princeton University Reunion weekend event the other day. My car was in the parade. Afterwards there was an area set up so people can get photos with the car. A man in his late 70s decided to sit on the hood/fascia while talking with his friend.

    Me: Sir if you're tired there are seats just over there. Please don't sit on the car. Thank you.
    Him (talking to his friend): My company financed the Delorean Motor Company and he won't let me sit on the car
    Me: Sir I don't care what your company did. That has nothing to do with me. Get off the car. Now.

    Entitled people really F..ing annoy me.

  5. #1595
    Not really banned Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,834

    Quote Originally Posted by papanoel View Post
    I was at the Princeton University Reunion weekend event the other day. My car was in the parade. Afterwards there was an area set up so people can get photos with the car. A man in his late 70s decided to sit on the hood/fascia while talking with his friend.

    Me: Sir if you're tired there are seats just over there. Please don't sit on the car. Thank you.
    Him (talking to his friend): My company financed the Delorean Motor Company and he won't let me sit on the car
    Me: Sir I don't care what your company did. That has nothing to do with me. Get off the car. Now.

    Entitled people really F..ing annoy me.
    Holy $^&T that guy had some nerve.

    I used to work for NASA, guess that means I can go take a dump in the Space Shuttle bathroom next time I go to the Cape?

  6. #1596
    Senior Member mr_maxime's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2015

    Posts:    711

    My VIN:    10201

    Quote Originally Posted by papanoel View Post
    I was at the Princeton University Reunion weekend event the other day. My car was in the parade. Afterwards there was an area set up so people can get photos with the car. A man in his late 70s decided to sit on the hood/fascia while talking with his friend.

    Me: Sir if you're tired there are seats just over there. Please don't sit on the car. Thank you.
    Him (talking to his friend): My company financed the Delorean Motor Company and he won't let me sit on the car
    Me: Sir I don't care what your company did. That has nothing to do with me. Get off the car. Now.

    Entitled people really F..ing annoy me.
    Damn millennials are so entitled!


    In line with this thread but not a stupid comment, I pulled up to a restaurant today and the owner sees me come out and says "not even going to say it cause I know you get it all the time!"

  7. #1597
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2013

    Location:  New York, NY

    Posts:    257

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Damn millennials are so entitled!


    In line with this thread but not a stupid comment, I pulled up to a restaurant today and the owner sees me come out and says "not even going to say it cause I know you get it all the time!"
    Ha. Thats a good one. I hope you thanked him.

  8. #1598
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2013

    Location:  New York, NY

    Posts:    257

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Holy $^&T that guy had some nerve.

    I used to work for NASA, guess that means I can go take a dump in the Space Shuttle bathroom next time I go to the Cape?
    yeah his reaction blew me away. if he wasn't an old man I would have really reacted differently.

  9. #1599
    Member GR8SCOTT's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2014

    Location:  Monmouth County, NJ

    Posts:    48

    My VIN:    01785

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by papanoel View Post
    I was at the Princeton University Reunion weekend event the other day. My car was in the parade. Afterwards there was an area set up so people can get photos with the car. A man in his late 70s decided to sit on the hood/fascia while talking with his friend.

    Me: Sir if you're tired there are seats just over there. Please don't sit on the car. Thank you.
    Him (talking to his friend): My company financed the Delorean Motor Company and he won't let me sit on the car
    Me: Sir I don't care what your company did. That has nothing to do with me. Get off the car. Now.

    Entitled people really F..ing annoy me.
    You are much more patient than I am. I would be in jail right now for assault lol.
    Steve
    #01785 '81 DeLorean, Automatic with fuel flap & Black interior

Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •