FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 160 of 188 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    No. 4068

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I once saw him adjust the mixture by ear...who da fak does that?
    I do!

Only as a "last resort" if the main and control fuel pressures are correct, fuel injectors are known to be good and if the oxygen sensor is not switching requiring diaconnection so not giving the lambda computer the correct info to give frequency valve dwell feedback, and only if I don't have an exhaust gas analyser on de-cat cars.....

Temporary measure though until the irelevant tems are fixed.

NickT
    RIP Rob van de Veer Top bloke

I say Sir, I must be mad, one loves fixing K-Jet !

Make sure there's plenty in the tank for the weekend chaps....

My VIN:    00860

300 hp rotary engine lol

I had a guy pull up to me at the grocery store one night. He was probably around 40. Talked about how he bought the Ferrari 308 model same as the one from Magnum PI (I doubt it after his next comment) "love the delorean man. That thing is bad ass with the all stainless steel construction and a 300 hp rotary engine. Those are hard to drive!" Ha! Anyone with this level of incorrect information delivered with such conviction does not have a Ferrari. Nor does he know anything about cars. I didn't correct him because he was so excited. I just said. "Yeah man thanks it's bad ass".

My VIN:    3028

I don't believe there was any one year 308 used on the Magnum P.I. Series. I think they used multiple years.
    Barry

I was at the Princeton University Reunion weekend event the other day. My car was in the parade. Afterwards there was an area set up so people can get photos with the car. A man in his late 70s decided to sit on the hood/fascia while talking with his friend.

Me: Sir if you're tired there are seats just over there. Please don't sit on the car. Thank you.
    Him (talking to his friend): My company financed the Delorean Motor Company and he won't let me sit on the car
    Me: Sir I don't care what your company did. That has nothing to do with me. Get off the car. Now.

Entitled people really F..ing annoy me.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by papanoel View Post
    I was at the Princeton University Reunion weekend event the other day. My car was in the parade. Afterwards there was an area set up so people can get photos with the car. A man in his late 70s decided to sit on the hood/fascia while talking with his friend.

Me: Sir if you're tired there are seats just over there. Please don't sit on the car. Thank you.
    Him (talking to his friend): My company financed the Delorean Motor Company and he won't let me sit on the car
    Me: Sir I don't care what your company did. That has nothing to do with me. Get off the car. Now.

Holy $^&T that guy had some nerve.

I used to work for NASA, guess that means I can go take a dump in the Space Shuttle bathroom next time I go to the Cape?

My VIN:    10201

Damn millennials are so entitled!

In line with this thread but not a stupid comment, I pulled up to a restaurant today and the owner sees me come out and says "not even going to say it cause I know you get it all the time!"

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Damn millennials are so entitled!

In line with this thread but not a stupid comment, I pulled up to a restaurant today and the owner sees me come out and says "not even going to say it cause I know you get it all the time!"
    Ha. Thats a good one. I hope you thanked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Holy $^&T that guy had some nerve.

I used to work for NASA, guess that means I can go take a dump in the Space Shuttle bathroom next time I go to the Cape?
    yeah his reaction blew me away. if he wasn't an old man I would have really reacted differently.

My VIN:    01785

Club(s):   (DMA)

You are much more patient than I am. I would be in jail right now for assault lol.
    Steve
    #01785 '81 DeLorean, Automatic with fuel flap & Black interior

My VIN:    3937

How often do you get comments starting with this: "If you don't mind me asking...?"

Isn't that just code for "I'm about to ask you something personal/obnoxious/none of my business, so hopefully you'll be less offended if I warn you first?"

If you don't mind me asking...

what did you pay for that?
    what's it worth?
    what did it set you back?

Usually money related. No one seems to ever start with that and then it just ends up being a harmless, normal, curious question.

If you don't mind me asking...

what kind of oil do you use?
    what air pressure is in the tires?
    how many of these did they ever make?

Sort of like when someone says they were just trying to be honest (but ended up being more brutal than honest) or "don't take this the wrong way, but..."

...or, "I just have a quick question for you" and it's never quick and I'm VERY guilty of that one myself, lol.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 160 of 188 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast