FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 143 of 188 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I haven't been an owner long, but the two times it happened I just said that a DeLorean can be obtained for the average cost of a new car or less.

(Currently about $35,000 or so).

I've never independently confirmed this number, but I read it once or twice on Blog posts about Tesla Motors.
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    6214

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I get asked the "how much did you pay?" question alot also and usually just give a price range that these things typically go for. One guy responded with "ok, but how much did YOU pay?" So I told him that it was somewhere in the range I'd just mentioned.

My VIN:    10201

Most people that asked haven't been rude about it. I usually get "oh.. thats not so bad". As value discussions happen on the forum, i always agree with "its worth what someone is willing to pay for it" and I'd pay around the price I paid again any day.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Several years ago while in a small liquor store picking up a bottle of wine the cashier spots me pull up. As I ring up, he doesn't say anything but just then a woman burst in and asks me if that's my Delorean and just gushes over it and wants to know if she can take a few pics etc. Well that sends our friend into pissed off overdrive

"I don't know why you are making such a big deal over it! You can buy them brand new for 25 thousand!"

As I leave he says some thing else about values and I correct him and say the new ones start out at 40k (which they did at the time) and he comes back with his matter of fact tone "yeah maybe with options". I knew there was no need to even start in with these types because the simple fact is they would LOOOOVE to own it but they are not about to let you know it, so they go out of their way to make sure you know that are not impressed...(which doesn't matter to me one way or the other).

More recently I had my car at one of my work sites and a tech asks me (knowing it was)
    "Is that your Delorean?"

Me: yes

"I'm sorry for you"

I just kind of looked puzzled and thanked him for his concern and went on my way. If I had it to do over again knowing he never has 2 nickels to rub together and drives a POS 90's Corolla I would probably have responded differently but it's better that I don't act on those gut thoughts and just do what I do with all assholes....walk away.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    2347

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    More recently I had my car at one of my work sites and a tech asks me (knowing it was)
    "Is that your Delorean?"

Me: yes

"I'm sorry for you"
    I've had that happen to me a few times as well. I always respond with "I'm not." I bought the car because I've always wanted one.... Ugh.
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I just kind of looked puzzled and thanked him for his concern and went on my way. If I had it to do over again knowing he never has 2 nickels to rub together and drives a POS 90's Corolla I would probably have responded differently but it's better that I don't act on those gut thoughts and just do what I do with all assholes....walk away.
    I haven't encountered anyone that obnoxious yet. I hope I won't but I'm sure I will. I hope when I do I'll respond this way... not worth the time and effort.

Lashing out a bit does seem like it would feel good, though.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Lashing out a bit does seem like it would feel good, though.
    +1

I luckily haven't had any rude comments, but I'm in the "eye for an eye" camp and remain prepared with responses for rude people.

In no particular order:

-"Going out of your way to insult someone's car is rude."
    -"Fuck off."
    -"You must be as stupid as you sound."
    -"If you don't like it, stop looking at it."
    -"That's not what your mother said."
    -"Are you trying to be a dick?"
    -"You're not nice"

Rude people don't deserve the high road treatment. I believe in being being extremely nice to people by default, but flipping 180 if/when encountering bad types. Rude people don't deserve the same courtesy as nice people.

The closest I came was only once when I thought a guy would be rude, but I was wrong. I had my car parked on the street w/doors up and he approached the car, looking at it very strangely, almost like he had bad intentions.....I actually wasn't the only one who wondered what the guy was up to. I confronted him & said" WTH are you looking for?" He was friendly and said: "nothing....I just haven't seen one of these before." So I responded in kind and immediately became very nice & accommodating. We chatted for a while and I answered all his questions. If he had been rude, I would've stayed rude.

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

I love it when people ask how much I paid for my car as I say £9'500, then I get the pleasure of saying I wouldn't sell it for less than £25'000 (that seems the going price for a reasonable car in the uk these days).

That's the benefit of having owned the car for 16 years lol.

I've yet to be told I overpaid

J
    Last edited by jamesrguk; 05-09-2016 at 05:01 PM.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Delorean stupid comment of my lifetime!

If I had a dollar for every idiotic statement I've heard emanating just from the gawkers that frequent our parking lot alone I could have retired twenty years ago. One of my favorites is "I wonder what he's doing with all these Delorean's?" as they walk past the shop with the car lifts and tool box's and the twelve foot Delorean dealer sign on the roof. Next comes something like "You know they have an aluminum body and a Chevy/Ford/Chrysler (insert favorite fallacy) V8 and they follow the white lines down the road" or some equally authoritative statement. As J.Z.D. would have likely said hearing these remarks..."That's just asinine!"
    Rob

"Those cars suck anyway" -Said by a friend in response to my D blowing up.

And my friends on facebook...
    Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.09.26 AM.jpg
    Last edited by Time Machine; 05-10-2016 at 01:11 AM.
    I am Looking to buy a D.

Page 143 of 188 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast