FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 171 of 188 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    Between VINs

I'm surprised how many people think the body is aluminum instead of SS. Particularly when standing right next to it. Maybe grained aluminum is a thing but then so is stainless steel that most peoples sinks are made of.

So an old man came to my house wanting to pave my driveway, I was working on my DeLorean and I have the BTTF barcode license plate on it (important later). Anyways he is talking and talking and all I want is to go in for luch it was a Satuday. I had already politely told him many times I was not interested in his service. Then he starts asking questions about the DeLorean, " Is that some kind of golf cart?" My mouth dropped I didnt know what to say, before I could respond he looks at the plates and asks "Is that a promo for Texas?" I tried to explain but he didnt get it and he finally left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotknight53 View Post
    So an old man came to my house wanting to pave my driveway, I was working on my DeLorean and I have the BTTF barcode license plate on it (important later). Anyways he is talking and talking and all I want is to go in for luch it was a Satuday. I had already politely told him many times I was not interested in his service. Then he starts asking questions about the DeLorean, " Is that some kind of golf cart?" My mouth dropped I didnt know what to say, before I could respond he looks at the plates and asks "Is that a promo for Texas?" I tried to explain but he didnt get it and he finally left.
    Did you go into your house afterwards and discover you'd been burglarized? This is a common Gypsy Burglary Ring ruse. They come to the front of the house wanting to sell some BS home improvement service, while the younger ones go through the back and burglarize you, while you are distracted in the front. This is usually a family affair as well, and they are like nomads traveling around doing this type of crime. The elderly are their favorite targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Did you go into your house afterwards and discover you'd been burglarized? This is a common Gypsy Burglary Ring ruse. They come to the front of the house wanting to sell some BS home improvement service, while the younger ones go through the back and burglarize you, while you are distracted in the front. This is usually a family affair as well, and they are like nomads traveling around doing this type of crime. The elderly are their favorite targets.
    No I wasnt burglarized I think he was just clueless.

My VIN:    10907

My neighbor invited me to hang out with them and the other neighbors last night and I didn't want to be rude so I went over there. We got on the subject of my DeLorean and I told them the Cliffs Notes version of the saga and then I overheard the neighbor across the way (who was drunk off her ass and not whispering as quietly as she apparently thought) telling my neighbor "I was laughing at [Dara] and her DeLorean... How stupid can you be?"

Thanks lady, I guess it's not bad enough that I constantly have my own voice in my head telling me every decision I ever made was wrong, I needed yours too.

And I know I shouldn't take shit talk from drunk randos personally and however stupid I am for taking the word of the president of our local DeLorean club that the dude he bought his car from sold good cars, at least when I get sick of my car I can sell it for $30 - 40k instead of having it try to take half my 401k so am I really that dumb in the grand scheme of things? But it's just... Ugh. Really didn't need this from someone I considered, if not a friend, at least a friendly acquaintance.

This is why I'd rather stay home and read Knight Rider fanfiction than hang out with real people.

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post

This is why I'd rather stay home and read Knight Rider fanfiction than hang out with real people.
    That lady was a rude jerk. I know it stings to hear stuff like that. Forget her. Some people just don’t get cars. They really don’t. They don’t understand why anyone would want:
    a classic
    a manual transmission
    something not built in the last decade
    something that requires attention
    something that doesn’t have 30 different “nanny” devices helping you drive to the store
    something that can’t drive you to the store while you take a nap

I know, I’ve met these people. They roll their eyes when they talk about my DeLorean, and then proceed to tell me how great their Tesla is.

Whatever.

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    That lady was a rude jerk. I know it stings to hear stuff like that. Forget her. Some people just don’t get cars. They really don’t.
    Ironically she's not even one of those people, she has more mechanical experience than I do and has helped me out with stuff on my CRX before. I thought she was pretty cool until this happened. Maybe that's why it bugged me more than it might have coming from some Karen, or more than the yahoos who want to tell me about how JZD smuggled coke in the cars (which I also ran into today. It's like I've accidentally activated the tractor beam for jerks, lol).

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Just view her crap as a poorly written paragraph in a good book ;-)

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Smiles

Its all about the smiles....

You drive it... you smile....
    people see it on the road... they smile....

With the exception of my good lady who is usually shotgun and 1ft over the central reservation in a LHD car on English country roads.... it makes everyone smile.

Don't let anyone knock you for having one...

Quote Originally Posted by er1c View Post
    Its all about the smiles....

You drive it... you smile....
    people see it on the road... they smile....

With the exception of my good lady who is usually shotgun and 1ft over the central reservation in a LHD car on English country roads.... it makes everyone smile.

Don't let anyone knock you for having one...
    That’s correct. It’s not a time machine, it’s not a speed machine, it’s a smile machine. I don’t know who came up with that but it’s so true.

Page 171 of 188 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast