FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 115 of 188 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

I'm fairly certain he was thinking of Bricklins. Wouldn't be the first time I got that actually.

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

getting gas with the DeLorean this evening. teenager walks up to me:
    teen: "really digging the car man, looks real nice."
    me: "hey, thanks!"
    teen: "what is it?"

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    getting gas with the DeLorean this evening. teenager walks up to me:
    teen: "really digging the car man, looks real nice."
    me: "hey, thanks!"
    teen: "what is it?"
    Not really a stupid comment if he was sincere. It always amazes me when I talk to younger people how little they know of the past.
    Barry

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

yeah, if anything it was more of a blow to my ego having to realize that i'm not young myself anymore (compared to the teenager).

But in my defense, he asked me this while standing at the rear of the car where the bumper clearly says "DeLorean" (and to add to it, my bumper has the stainless letters affixed the bumper as well)

i did nicely tell him its a delorean. still got a semi blank stare. i said "you see Back to the Future? its the car from that." he seemed recognize it then.

My VIN:    07000

Poor kid. Probably was denied the proper upbringing of having parents who love classic cars.

My VIN:    2347

It seems like every time I go out people always ask "what motor does this one have? The V6 or the V8?" I explain to them that they only had one engine option. Even after I explain this, they still seem to think they came from the factory with a Chevrolet or Ford motor. Other comments I get are "AMC was really ahead of their time with this car, not like the other junk cars they made." Apparently American Motors made DeLoreans too?

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    yeah, if anything it was more of a blow to my ego having to realize that i'm not young myself anymore (compared to the teenager).

But in my defense, he asked me this while standing at the rear of the car where the bumper clearly says "DeLorean" (and to add to it, my bumper has the stainless letters affixed the bumper as well)

i did nicely tell him its a delorean. still got a semi blank stare. i said "you see Back to the Future? its the car from that." he seemed recognize it then.
    The whole name on the bumper seems to elude most people for whatever reason... Either the font is too weird that they can't make out what it says, they're too taken aback by the rest of the car and don't notice the lettering there, or they read it but still don't know what a DeLorean is.

I've been asked what kind of car it is more times than I can count while the person was standing at the rear of the car, or had people pull up beside me at a stop light that had been following me ask what kind of car it is.
    Last edited by Mark D; 05-08-2015 at 09:50 AM.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Well, there are an awful lot of cars out there with words on them that are not the name of the manufacturer... For example, this Ford:
    Attached Images
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    The whole name on the bumper seems to elude most people for whatever reason... Either the font is too weird that they can't make out what it says, they're too taken aback by the rest of the car and don't notice the lettering there, or they read it but still don't know what a DeLorean is.

I've been asked what kind of car it is more times than I can count while the person was standing at the rear of the car, or had people pull up beside me at a stop light that had been following me ask what kind of car it is.
    Back when my car was still red people used to think it was a Ferrari

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by AirmanPika View Post
    Back when my car was still red people used to think it was a Ferrari
    Mine attracted more girls when it was red. Pretty sure they thought it was a Ferrari too.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Page 115 of 188 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 ... LastLast