FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 157 of 188 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I might just go ahead and buy the USB charger for laughs. And then point to Samuel L. Jackson Really the only people that annoy me are know-it-alls who spout incorrect BS and then insist JZD was a cokehead,in prison or that I am driving some kind of replica. After 4+ years of ownership I almost have a sixth sense for the know-it-all schmuck.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I have a full size replica I put in mine every so often. If the people laugh and get all giddy over it and it makes their day then it makes my day. So be it, I have a Flux capacitor in my car because the fans demand it.(and I only paid 125.00 for it on ebay)
    I keep mine in my car along with a hoverboard as well. When people ask where the flux capacitor is, I show them, they go nuts, take photos, I let some actually sit in the car if they're nice, and let them take a few more or I'll offer to take a pic with their phone (and I should use mine come to think of it, knowing what kind of crap is on theirs, literally). And we talk more, they walk away informed about the car (most are surprised it's only 2100 lbs), show them the 350 in the back sometimes, etc. I like being an ambassador for the DeLorean, and sometimes I get paid gigs from it for parties or events as Doc Brown...

Yes sometimes there's the cocaine jokes, or something else dumb, but I see it as an opportunity to engage and disarm.

And yes I know I forgot to wear my watches in this - it had been a pretty bad few weeks, but this kind of made up for it.

Attached Images

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by ccurzio View Post
    ~snip~ It's not like he said the body was made of aluminum-wrapped cocaine and the car weighs 8 tons.
    Ha! -I really like that, I'm totally going to say that to someone this year. I kinda like the cocaine jokes, but I hardly ever hear any. I've mentioned before that where I live I don't get a bunch of goofy comments. Here's a good example from 2 days ago:

I was talking to a guy I know while he was standing with a few others, I was asking him about a car trailer.

Other dude asks what kind of car, I say "DeLorean."
    Other dude: "oh....no shit?! Cool."
    Guy I know: "Ya, this is like, his second one...we should nickname him Johnny Carson."
    Other dude: "So when you need to work on it, where do you get parts? Places like NAPA don't normally stock the stuff you need, right?"

Etc.....

That's how my boring interactions usually go. Where I live, I've only had one coke joke and a few BTTF references.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    ...(most are surprised it's only 2100 lbs), show them the 350 in the back sometimes, etc.....
    I'd be surprised to hear this to. Mine was 2800lbs before my engine swap, 2900lbs after (and my 350 is all aluminum). Where did you eliminate 800lbs?
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 04-13-2017 at 11:53 PM.

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I'd be surprised to hear this to. Mine was 2800lbs before my engine swap, 2900lbs after (and my 350 is all aluminum). Where did you eliminate 800lbs?
    I did a google search on how much it weighs a few weeks ago during the BTTF/time travel crossover event put on by IDW publishing and the Fleet Science Center, and one of the scientists said it would take a massive amount of energy in order to move a 4000 POUND CAR fast enough to break any speed barriers...

But he wasn't a quantum physicist, but a particle physicist from CERN.

He also made a comment about how the guys there had a hard time with women like Doc did (?) - guess he forgot how Doc got Mary Steenburgen.

Oh, and checked again - curb weight is 2712 pounds. Still not bad though. My bad.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    Haven't brought 10287 out yet this year but I plan on going on the offensive this season and leaving this in plain sight everywhere I go: Attachment 50854

Oh I just can't wait to get out and drive and see the expressions!
    Or if you want to keep it to an 80s theme, you could always quote the Breakfast Club line:

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

really stupid comment

Hi

Steve here from UK, ex owner vin 1621

a while back went into a Halfords car shop after a piece of water pipe near front radiator.

so i asked if they had any (that i could cut)

so guy says what car is it for?.

i say a Delorean...

he says, no sorry mate we dont have any......have you tried a main Dealer!!!!!

i say 'could do, but they went out of business in 1982!'

lol

anyone who knows Halfords here will understand the quality of knowledge of people they employ (sorry for any of the more intelligent ones!)

steve
    ex vin 1621

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I was surprised too lol. I drove over the truck scale at work and was at 2970 with me in the car and half a tank of gas.

My VIN:    Early

Ahh, the many idiots on YouTube...

image.jpg

This particular comment is from a watchmojo video that puts the Delorean on a "Top 10 Wost Cars of All Time" list.
    Last edited by 81dmc; 04-24-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    01785

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Ahh, the many idiots on YouTube...

image.jpg

This particular comment is from a watchmojo video that puts the Delorean on a "Top 10 Wost Cars of All Time" list.

Winner ^^^

For worlds dumbest comment
    Steve
    #01785 '81 DeLorean, Automatic with fuel flap & Black interior

Page 157 of 188 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast