FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 155 of 188 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    Rereading, I don't know why I phrased it like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After reading it again and your explanation, now it makes sense

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Just came back from a Saturday-evening-perfect-weather-to-exercise-the-car drive. The car needed gas, so against my better judgment I pulled into QT, which are nice but way too busy, and this was no exception. Some jackass coming out of the convenience store wanted to come talk to me, but rather than walking over, gets in his old Camry full of dents and backs up to get next to me. I didn't see it coming, because my head was behind the hood, but he was coming in SO close that my wife (who was sitting in the passenger seat) screams out because she thought he was going to hit us. So I look up, and he was backing up along the passenger side with literally about 1 foot between our cars. No one was pumping gas across from me, there was p-l-e-n-t-y of room. So I'm already on extreme edge and not ready to be a "good social ambassador" for the car. What stroke of brilliance does he say? What was so important that he almost hit my car to tell me? "You know you can still buy those?"

I was like, "yeah, I bought this one. that's how I got it." After he clarified he meant new ones, I gave very short answers and he started to sense I thought he was an oxygen thief, so he finally said "have a nice evening" and drove off. Fucker. I just couldn't be nice to him I was so shaken.

The comments about "they still make those/you can buy new ones" are 100x worse than "where's the flux capacitor." I'm so sick of it. And when it causes my car to almost get hit, that's the last straw. With driving skills like his, it was *shocking* </sarcasm> that his car was a POS dent collector.
    Last edited by DL4567; 03-25-2017 at 08:12 PM.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    10201

That along with the "you know? theres a guy that bought all the parts for those." I mean gee, thanks for informing me about the largest vendor of parts for my car. Do they think we just buy a car and dont figure out where to get replacement parts immediately? It is more annoying than the BTTF comments because it assumes insane ignorance on our part as owners.

My VIN:    01785

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    I had a guy at a car show this past weekend ask me how hard it was to keep clean, while he was touching the stainless and getting fingerprints all over it.
    It's amazing how people are just obsessed with touching the stainless. They. Have. To. It's as if it's this alien material that they've never seen before.
    Steve
    #01785 '81 DeLorean, Automatic with fuel flap & Black interior

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by GR8SCOTT View Post
    It's amazing how people are just obsessed with touching the stainless. They. Have. To. It's as if it's this alien material that they've never seen before.
    And they do it RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU...

I wonder how they'd feel if I walked up to their car and just started rubbing my hands all over it after they just washed and waxed it - and then leaned against it with my jeans and the rivets digging into and scratching their paint?

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    And they do it RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU...

I wonder how they'd feel if I walked up to their car and just started rubbing my hands all over it after they just washed and waxed it - and then leaned against it with my jeans and the rivets digging into and scratching their paint?
    It drives me crazy how often I see the guys on "whats my car worth?" just touching cars headed to the auction block.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    That along with the "you know? theres a guy that bought all the parts for those." I mean gee, thanks for informing me about the largest vendor of parts for my car. Do they think we just buy a car and dont figure out where to get replacement parts immediately? It is more annoying than the BTTF comments because it assumes insane ignorance on our part as owners.
    Ha! Yeah that would be pretty bad too. Haven't heard that one yet. Another thing that came to mind about the guy I wrote about above, when he asked me if I knew you could still buy them, I also wanted to say, "Oh really? Wow, I wish someone had told me that before I built this one at home from scratch!"
    Last edited by DL4567; 03-26-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

DeLorean jokes wore me out. Being a relatively new dad (in 2015) and with our second on the way the DeLorean has taken a back seat in our lives where it was at one point on the forefront. We did rallies, daily drives, car shows, drive in movies, club events etc. Now it sits in storage in another city and I don't really miss it. We needed some time apart

These days I'm rebuilding the V8 in my Jeep WJ as it has developed a slow head gasket leak. The jeep keeps me busy but it has it has its haters too. If there is ONE thing I've learned in the world of car enthusiasts its that there is ALWAYS some ass hat who will tell you your car sucks, or the engine in your car sucks, or your drive shafts are crap, or your model came with the crappy differentials, etc etc etc etc. It's absolutely remarkable to me that no matter what you drive someone feels the need to crap on it. We own a DeLorean - "Piece of crap." A miata - "Dude thats a chick car, why are you driving that, you gay bro?" and a Jeep WJ - "Those 4.7 v8's are the worst engines ever made." On the last one I reply "I'll give you my number, give me a call when your car hits 365,000 KM (225,000 miles) with zero engine issues, then you can crap on my 4.7!"

People are idiots. These idiots are everywhere and you'll never escape them. Cope as you see fit. For me, it came at a time when life priorities were shifting anyway. Some day I'm sure the DeLorean will become a daddy-daughter "thing" where we go get ice cream in after soccer or baseball. I cant wait for that new chapter in ownership because for me DeLorean ownership is so much better when shared with other people and/or the people you love.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    *snip* I cant wait for that new chapter in ownership because for me DeLorean ownership is so much better when shared with other people and/or the people you love.
    I feel your struggle. I've also gotten married and had two kids since first buying my DeLorean so it's spent way more time in the garage in recent years. I've considered selling it at times but I know down the road when my kids are older they'll have fun going for rides. My 2 1/2 yo daughter loves the car and frequently wants to go peek at it in the back yard garage under the car cover. She's just about old enough to sit in a forward facing car seat so this summer she might get her first ride.

Ownership has always been more fun when you can share it with family and friends. It seems like my own interest in the car peaks when there is someone else in my life that has interest in it and it's not just me cruising around by myself.

I got a laugh out of the Jeep comments too. I was lucky? enough to inherit my wife's grandfather's 2001 wrangler and it took me about a year to remedy all the rust issues. It's a different kind of fun (Jeep wave!) vs the DeLorean, but you're right that there are always people out there that want to shit on your choice in vehicle no matter what it is.
    Last edited by Mark D; 03-28-2017 at 09:09 AM.

day I'm sure the DeLorean will become a daddy-daughter "thing" where we go get ice cream in after soccer or baseball. I can't wait for that new chapter in ownership because for me DeLorean ownership is so much better when shared with other people and/or the people you love.

Dave you are correct. My 5 year old Grand Son now tells people how it works, horn button, drives, engine in the back hidden compartments Ect. People can not believe the knowledge he has of the Delorean.
    Picked up from me telling others about the car. It truly brings a tear to your eye. Someday I hope he will pick up his date in it and go to the High School Prom if they still have it.

Steve

Page 155 of 188 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast